Ammo opinion

...developed in partnership with Hornady and the CIA. What it is designed to do in defense is to penetrate outer clothing and bone before it begins to open, rather that fragment before entry.

Again I'm going to suggest looking at that kind of background in terms of you sitting on the stand being interrogated by the opposing atty. You've chosen a round because "The CIA, an international spy organization" wanted a round that would "penetrate clothing and bone and then fragment once inside my client".

Might be a fabulous round. And what it does might be exactly what clear thinkers would want a self defense round to do. But a trial about shooting someone is NOT a venue of clear thinkers.

Be careful out there!

Sgt Lumpy

Hornady is my choice...but with many options. Since you talk of "defense" then what you should look at is the Hornady Critical Defense round. It was developed in partnership with Hornady and the CIA. What it is designed to do in defense is to penetrate outer clothing and bone before it begins to open, rather that fragment before entry.

NRA Certified Instructor Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
Louisiana Wildlife & Fisheries Hunter Safety Instructor

Do you have a source for the CIA comment? That's interesting but I haven't heard it before.

Back