ammo load for home protection

I have a 12 gauge loaded with two rubber shot loads and the third is 00 buckshot.
My .357 is loaded with 125 grain magnum loads. Shotgun first and hopefully no more BG.
Both are in easy reach of the bed plus there is a .40 pistol and another .357 in another room.

Too much???? Not in this day and age IMO.

I feel half safe with the K9 to sound an alarm to get me in quick action.... My first grab would likely be my 9mm because it is as quick as slide mag in and charge - Ready..... My second pick if time permits would be my 20 gauge pump. I would load my Turkey Mag loads..... I feel the distance I would deploy on would put this ammo into it's capability range. I worry about 00 buck or slug in my house........? I have kids and wife so I have to take that into consideration........ If I was alone I would be going 00 buck........ (yes, I know the 9mm is likely going through walls too........Hope I don't miss if such an incident happens at my house.

With all that said if I was too far from either and a baseball bat was a grab away......... I would be using it like Reggie Jackson did...... :D

Back