Ammo Advice

GLOCK 19

does anybody use 115 gr JHP? like the SIG SAUER Elite Performance V CROWN JHP

I practice with standard 115 gr fmj thats why I chose 115 gr JHP for defense

I carry a G19, but I use 124 or 147 grain. I think it's 124, but I'd have to go look at the box to be sure. I practice with 124 grain.

I use the Sig v crown. A bit less expensive. jello testing shows good performance.

Any difference between this and any other premium rounds will be too small to concern yourself with. Random hits, one to the next, would probably be more of a factor than bullet choice. An inch, a bit here or there, and either one will lessen the injury, a dead certain shot to the heart, they will almost certainly do equal damage.

I used to search for the super top load for the 9mm. I used Winchester +p+ 125 gr JHPs, Cor-Bons, DPX, etc...

Now days I use Federal 124gr. HST 9mms and I don't loose any sleep over it. The Federals shoot to the same point of impact as Walmart Winchester 125 grs and just kick a tiny bit more. Quite accurate and in every test I've seen they do fine.

Thing is, on the internet I can order them are very good prices to.

Deaf

I can vouch for Hornady American Gunner / Custom 124 grain, regular and / or +P in a Glock 19. Very reliable and super accurate and readily available when I want to get more.

I'd like advice about SD Ammo for my Glock 19 gen 4 and for my Glock 43.
At this time I use Federal 124gr. HST and Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. For practice
I only shoot 124 gr. plinking ammo.

As always, all responses are appreciated and welcomed.
You don't need any advice from us on this one, both those loads are just fine. It's good that you are training with the same bullet weight as your SD loads. You're doing just fine.

This is easy to overthink. Any high quality self defense round from a major manufacturer is likely to be adequate for the majority of situations one carries a pistol for. If you are using the firearm for a situation it was not designed for (IE bear defense with a standard caliber) then some of the boutique solutions may be better for you.

For most defensive applications the 124 grain is the accepted norm. It is on the heavy side of mid-range bullets but the lost velocity is less important that the added weight. I don't use my 9mm for defense but I do use the 124 grain bullets because when you have to knock the paddles off a Texas Star you need as much momentum as you do for defense. I use hollow points because they have more dwell on a steel plate and less tendency to ricochet. Both are good attributes for self defense as well as games.

Back