American Ammunition ("A-Merc") - Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yanks been rushing to buy asian goods for a long time. I doubt they will stop. I'm wondering, does China sell any arms, or ammunition in the states ?

I'm wondering, does China sell any arms, or ammunition in the states ?
Nope. Clinton Executive order stopped that, as I recall. That was one of the first big steps in the process that led us to where we are today in terms of ammunition prices.

I'm with Locoweed. Was hoping I'd never run across brass with as poorly centered flash holes as PMC, but this AMERC matches it. At least aside from that, PMC brass reloads well. I just sort it and pitch the poorly centered flash hole stuff. Got tired of breaking depriming pins.

I had 2 cans of 100 A-merc 40cal 180gr hollow point nickel case ammo. Everyone went boom, but it wasn't the most accurate stuff I ever fired. The bullet looked just like a Winchester Silvertip with a post in the center.

I've had nothing but problems with it, but I do have a question:

I'm assuming most ammo is made by heavily automated processes-I really don't see anyone punching those primer pockets by hand in a factory setting, right?

If that's the case, HOW are they so inconsistent? It actually seems like it would be difficult to get machines to vary so much in manufacturing....

Larry

I've been wondering the same thing, DT Guy.

You're correct, the process by which cartridge cases are made is very automated. Has been for a LONG time.

The only way I can figure out how those primer vent holes are coming out so badly off center is poor machine set up, poor machine quality, or badly worn out machines.

As an avid reloader, I picked up some 9mm cases a friend just had shot (once fired). There were a TON of split cases. This stuff really does appear to be junk. I know this post is old, but it appears that they are still making CRAP. Be warned.

Happy New Year,

U.L.

Just to chime in. Yes, I would rather chunk rocks than shoot A-Merc, I now NEVER pick up A-Merc brass, the company should be banned by some regulatory organization, ranges should ban it from sale and use. Where is this JUNK produced anyway? Now, ask me how I REALLY feel about this junk.

I thought they were long gone, too. It must have been 15 years ago I mistakenly bought some. Almost threw out a new pistol that wouldn't work, until I found an article about A-Merc and realized that might be the problem.

It was.

The brass was so far out of spec (.45 ACP) that it couldn't even be reloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back