Am I weird?

Watched a guy at a shotgun competition who had lost part of his shooting hand in some kind of accident. He had a strip of Velcro mounted to the stock and the other side of the Velcro on a glove that he wore on the deformed hand. He was truly a master shooter, though he was a true professional shooter before the accident.

Ya have to do what works for you. Like closing an eye..... Somehow, I don't think it would work for me, but I may have to try it on some of the smaller handguns I shoot.

--Wag--

Never tried it...but had never thought about using the middle finger.
One thing about shooting....if it works for you , use it .
Of course you will hear a brazillion reasons why this is wrong and should not be done but my thought is ...there is more than one way to skin a squirrel !

A high school buddy lost the end of his index finger, back to the first joint , to a ...meat grinder !!!
and now that I think about it , he shot with the middle finger on the trigger, handguns, rifle and shotguns...never slowed him down at all .
Gary

Hmmm . . . interesting.

My six year old grandson tends to put his middle finger on the trigger of the bb gun. I'm tried to help him change that. Maybe I shouldn't. Or at least not until he has figured out how to aim.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Only Iron Rules we have are hitting the target and practicing safe gun handling. I recall seeing a photo in one of the gun magazines showing a custom gun grip order for a shooter who had lost his trigger finger and I can see where injury, arthritis of some other affliction
would render the index finger unsuitable.

Back