am i the odd one out?

alrighty. not to bad for a couple hours on the pot and catching up on a season of walking dead.....okay maybe two. I goota admit, loading 665 rounds(yeah, I keep count) of 9mm on a single stage really makes me second guess my stance against getting a progressive. oh well, least I can put it away for a couple months, but mass loading 9mm suuuuucks.

That would hold me for a while. :) I hardly ever load more than a hundred at a sitting. But I don't own any semi-autos. I'll shoot more round balls than bullets if the weather is nice.

665 on a single stage will definitely make you wish you had a more efficient option.

I really miss my Dillon 550 whenever I load handgun cartridges or large volume rifle cartridges (newly revived concept for me, having not dealt with that since I was loading mass quantities of .223 Rem for my dad's Colt SP-1 as a kid). ...But I still haven't bought another one.

that's the wife's. neon green with lots of pink and white decals on the back too. mostly gun and politics related, so I won't complain, just wont drive it
My wife had a red one.
She liked it.
I liked it, too, until she changed her mind and decided to get the "automatic" instead of the manual transmission. ...And talked the dealer into taking back the manual car and paying the difference for the automatic, with no penalty.

That 6 speed "automatic" was a lump of crap, and the primary reason for getting rid of the car with just 6k miles on it. (Expecting twins whose car seats wouldn't fit was just an excuse.)
It's actually two 3-speed manual transmissions bolted together, with individual clutches driven by a single input shaft - all electronically actuated and controlled. One tranny handles Reverse, 2nd, 4th, and 6th gears; while the other handles 1st, 3rd, and 5th.

Sounds good.
Doesn't work worth a crap.
The 4-banger Escapes use the same transmission and have even more problems than the Fiesta, due to the increased weight.

I will admit that with me driving, with the whole family and our crap packed in the car, cruise control off and AC on, I could easily get 50 mpg in that car - even with what I would call "mild" canyon driving. I just had to keep it under 65 mph.

I took the car in 5 (maybe 6) times for transmission issues - slamming, popping, clutch disengaging, missing shifts, failing to shift, getting stuck in gear on hills, failing to downshift after coming to a stop, and especially for lurching in reverse. The dealer said it was "normal". Ford corporate called me after the 4th visit, to tell me that it was "normal". And when the dealer finally tore into the tranny to see if they could find anything wrong, everything was within spec and looked brand new. :rolleyes:

Having said that about the automatic, I'm now hoping that your wife's car is a manual. Otherwise I may have to remove the foot from my mouth...

I have no issues loading rifle rounds meticulously on a single stage. But 9mm. Is soulless, mundane and repetive, it lacks versatility and creativity, really mind numbing stuff. Even 38 and 357 can be fun playing with heavy weights and light weights and perfecting ammo to suit barrel length and recoil, but not the 9.

No real issues with th car....yet. the tranny has a clink when downshifting into 1st gear, but theu sent us a warranty extension on the tranny just for that reason, we need to go deal with it someday. We have had it for about 3 years I guess, bought it with 20k and pit another 50 on it, still runs good. I doubt we will keep it more than another couple years, so I don't forsee any major issues besides tranny, which our factory warranty was extended to 7 years and 100k on it, so think were good.

Straight shooter, which mold is that with your glock up there? Is it just the lee? I haven't wanted another 356 mold because I like to size to 357, but have a new gun that doesn't much like 357s, I would like to find a good lee mold and get a 6 banger for range fodder if its a decentprofile and moderately accurate

alrighty. not to bad for a couple hours on the pot and catching up on a season of walking dead.....okay maybe two. I goota admit, loading 665 rounds(yeah, I keep count) of 9mm on a single stage really makes me second guess my stance against getting a progressive.

skizzums, I can relate to what you are saying.
My reloading career started with a Lee hand kit, then to a single stage, then to a turret, then to a progressive.

When I was practicing for and shooting the big Pin matches I was shooting 50,000 rounds of 45 acp a year all loaded on my turret press.
When I got into USPSA/IPSC and Steel shooting I went to a progressive press for loading my 9mm and 40 S&W ammo, kicking out around 600 rounds an hour sure makes a big difference.

I still use my turret press more then any of my other presses.

I just got into casting, I limit it to 45 Colt bullets, I cast indoors in a shop but I smelt outdoors. do it year round as needed, I've also purchased a lot of Colt cast bullets.

Last edited:
Although its left unsaid. A few perpetual caster (here) likely sell their bullets to some other business place. Be happy and consider anytime you cast its a fun past time DavidAGO. Not a past time hobby one needs or has too. :)

Back