Am I doing something wrong here?

For practicing standard shooting postitions, should I wait until I get to the range to do that with live fire? Or will holding a stick or prop at home and practicing be good? How will I know if my form is good?

Hi all! One last thing. I’m thinking of hunting small game and needed some advice. Could I ask hunting questions on this forum (I’d start a thread) or is there another forum more suited for that? Please let me know

HP rifle standing

Standing. No sling allowed in HP match shooting. For hunting and other purposes the extra stability is a plus.

Attachments

• Hi+Power+Silouet.jpg
    Hi+Power+Silouet.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 19
I absolutely DESPISE the recommendations of dry firing and promoting it as practice or any thing else other than PLAYING GUNS like irresponsible kids. If you can't make it to a safe place to shoot a gun, then you can't safely practice shooting a gun. Period.

You are wrong. Thinking like this is why on Day 7 of the Invasion of Panama, the 7th Infantry Division became more dangerous to themselves statistically than to the enemy. They ran around theater with empty weapons in the middle of a shooting war moping up the PDF holdouts as well as the Dignity Battalions.

They did not have the necessary safety habits because shooting live rounds was made into such a big deal by their commanders. Normal dry fire and other weapon handling skills were neglected in a misguided sense of safety.

All the premier shooting agencies of the world dry fire.

It perfects skills practiced on the range and ingrains safe gun handling to become habit.

May be that is why their guns were empty.

Seems to me they were still dry firing.

I know you are making a joke but not sure I was clear in the what the problems was.....

7th ID lacked training in handling weapons outside of an administrative range environment that their own Negligent Discharges created more casualties than the enemy by day 7 of Operation Just Cause. Ammunition was taken away from them an issued on a case by case, mission by mission basis to try and reduce the fact they were killing themselves faster than the Panamanian Defense Forces.

It is much better to retain the fundamentals of gun safety at all times in all situations and always practice them such that they become habit.

Back