Am I crazy?

I own few revolvers, DA and SA. I shoot them okay, but I am much better with my semi's. I guess I am odd man out in this instance.

What I would like is a DA 357 4" barrel, and a DA 22 with a 4" barrel.

But back to your question, No you are not crazy. Shoot what you enjoy. Carry what you are comfortable with.

I started with revolvers many years ago and, am very good with them.

There is a natural rhythm to a revolver. Press trigger, gun fires, during recoil, you're finding the sights, starting back on the trigger, gun settles back down, complete trigger pull, gun fires....etc.

You can't "slap" the trigger on a revolver.

I'm also very good with the Sig DAK trigger. For the same reason.

Hey, if that works for you, rock it.

Like others have said, I'm the opposite way. I shoot my semis much better, but revolvers do have the cool factor. So if you like them, work it.

I shoot my Smith 67 DA only. And I find I'm still more accurate with that than my autoloaders. I don't have a 1911 any more, and it was darn accurate. But the revolver just, well, is a darn good partner.

Chuck

Definitely crazy. But my kind of crazy.

I'm a wheelgun guy myself. I am evenly divided between revolvers and semi autos in the gun cabinet, but tend to shoot the revolvers better.

First handgun I shot was an original Navy Colt, first handgun owned is a Colt SAA. Kind of set the bar for me, they felt like an extension of my hand.

Nothing wrong with a decent semi auto pistol, but if forced to choose between one or the other the revolvers win hands down.

i had a lousy experience with a worn out 1911 in army basic training, turned me off semi autos for the most part, except that i like all steel, old school handguns. my first personal handgun over 30 years ago was a steel taurus 85 38, utterly fine. while my usual ccw is now a chunky naa guardian 32acp semi auto, my favorites are bond arms derringers and ruger single action revolvers--like ice cream they are best enjoyed in multiple flavors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back