Altoids in round tins

I use a big cookie tin for making char cloth.

I have to say this thread peeked my interest though. These little tins might be good for keeping homemade BP lube in for cut patches / rifle usage.

Found Torie & Howard organic hard candy in Myer lemon & raspberry flavour. The tin is about 75 mm across. The candy itself is individually wrapped in a cellophane wrapper and the tin is everything you can ask for it to be. However, it is made in Mexico for Torie & Howard, LLC, of New Milford, CT. I guess this is one of the benefits of NAFTA.

iu

Specialty Bottles & Jars is a company that sells glass , plastic and tin containers .
www.specialtybottle.com
They have several round tin containers from 1/2 oz. to 2 oz. with nice lids, one should be just the ticket
Check out their site...I use their tin cans with the screw on tops to store Ed's Red Bore Cleaner and other fluids that can eat wimpy plastic containers .
Gary

Years ago when I had more shop time, I made all kinds of little projects I'd sell. To protect them from damage, I started mailing them inside small tins. Soon I started telling family members to save any little tin containers for me. They kept it up even after I slowed down in the shop, so I ended up sorta becoming an unofficial collector of small tins. Even today, every time my folks travel somewhere, my mom brings me back a small tin of mints from that area as a souvenir.

I just use a quart metal paint can with a hole punched in the top. It makes a good amount of char cloth. You can buy empty ones at Lowes and Home Depot in the paint section.

Now with my firesteel I just use dryer lint. That stuff catches fire faster than anything. Its no wonder you need to keep the lint out of the dryer trap and vent hose.

My wife just gave me a can that is 1.5" deep and 3.75" in diameter that came with cherry candies in it she bought at TJ Max. At might be what you are looking for. I can post a picture or two if you want.

neat website gwpercle.
You're Welcome !
Tin containers with screw on lids are getting hard to find , everything is going plastic and / or has a dumb plastic snap on- snap off lid...I hate them.
Found this company while looking for small plastic containers to store cast bullets in and discovered the tins and cans with screw on lids.
Gary

Back