All purpose bolt gun- your choice

I'm a huge fan of the Ruger Gunsite Scout. Likely the most useful bolt action that I've acquired in the past 10 years. Not planning on scoping it, but the irons are really good and adequate out to 250 or so for me.

Definitely like the polymer mags over the initial steel ones.

Don

Just seems to me that the magazines on the Ruger GSR are its greatest shortcoming......for really long term service. They will wear out, be damaged, or lost, so with that in mind I rather go with the Ruger Compact Magnum...in 308.....blind magazines work for decades...as proven by how many Springfields/Mausers?? The 20 inch medium wieght barrel, back up iron sights, offers just as much as the GSR.

Sako/Tikka T3 Hunter.

. about 6.75lbs
. several calibers to choose from
. smooooooth action
. self adjustable trigger
. detachable magazine
. very accurate (very)
. reasonably priced
. etc. etc. etc.

IMO, one of the best bargains on the market. I love mine.

W-M

ust seems to me that the magazines on the Ruger GSR are its greatest shortcoming......for really long term service. They will wear out, be damaged, or lost, so with that in mind I rather go with the Ruger Compact Magnum...in 308.....blind magazines work for decades...as proven by how many Springfields/Mausers?? The 20 inch medium wieght barrel, back up iron sights, offers just as much as the GSR.

Accuracy International magazines are not a shortcoming.

My answer to that question is my Remington LTR in .308 - 20 inch heavy fluted barrel with Leupold VX3 2.5-8 scope.

Back