Aliengear IWB holsters

I have three of them and a couple extra shells. Mine are all the standard holsters. I have no complaints at all.

100_9964_zps9lvd1prp.jpg

P71Pilot said:
I got my leather original style IWB holster from Aliengear yesterday. I must say the holster itself seems well made. The leather used is extremely thick, about double the thickness I was expecting. The kydex is nice and stiff and strong. I love that it comes with extra spacers and screws of varying sizes and a proper Allen wrench. I am a small slim person, have about a 31" waist. This holster seems a bit wide for me. Since the plastic shell is modular, it is wider than it needs to be, and doesn't fit my body very well where I want to wear it (3 o clock). However it is still fairly comfortable for carrying a 27ounce unloaded full size Walther. With my standard work T-shirt (size large) I can easily hide the gun at 3 o clock when standing still, bit when walking if I move my arms too far forward you can kind of see the grip poking out . this shirt is one of my tighter fitting shirts I wear, and I have large wide shoulders/upper body that I can get a looser shirt to drape off of more and this shouldn't be an issue. So far summer time I should be good to go with a slightly baggier shirt. Winter with extra layers will be no problem at all with printing. I have not yet received my CHL so in the mean time I will wear the holster at home and let it form to my body. There is a 30 day money back gauruntee, so if I don't like the holster within a month I can return it for a full refund. I am thinking I will keep it, buy honestly I think an all leather (non hybrid) IWB might be more comfortable for me. I do not want to pay $75+ dollars though.

P71Pilot: did you end up keeping your aliengear holster?

What are you mostly using now?

I have a couple Alien Gear Cloak 3.0 IWB - Probably the best $$ deal going, and I like them, but it ain't perfect. First of all, you really do not want either the metal or plastic J-hooks - they are too small for a decent 1 3/4" gun belt. Order the leather loops instead of the hooks.

This holster is extremely comfortable, but not particularly easy to use. It is large, and the neoprene material does not slide easily inside your pants, so it is very difficult to add the holster after you are already dressed. I find that I have to put the holster in place before I put my pants on, and then it is still a bit finicky to try and get the pants up and shirts all in place. But once it is done, I have all day or night comfort.

Update

I basically do not carry the Walther because this aliengear holster is so uncomfortable to me at my desired location. Because of the width of the plastic shell, and my small stature/build/size, the holster is just too wide and stiff. It will not conform to by body properly. I tried wearing it for several days just sitting at home and while the leather "wings" have been forced to shape to my waist, the plastic shell just won't work for me. I have to carry my gun at 3 o clock to 3:30. Anything closer to my back just doesn't work for me. It results in a slow uncomfortable almost painful draw. I am not the most flexible person in the world.

I carry my 1911 in a cheapo (same price actually as the aliengear) blackhawk leather holster with a single belt clip. I do not like the holster in any way other than that it is very very comfortable. The clip doesn't hold onto my belt very well and the holster is too loose for my liking on my 1911, but the overall setup is extremely comfortable and the 1911 hugs my body close and disappears underneath any shirt I wear.

I really wish my 30day trial wasn't up or I would return the aliengear. I really don't see how people say it is comfortable. I guess they just aren't made for small people and 3 o clock carry. It is more comfortable the farther I position toward my spine. And also conceals better, but I cannot draw it from that location.

I am 5'6 140lbs, my hips are pretty bony with some meat and a tiny amount of fat around them, the aliengear holster feels like it smashes my hip bone, and because it will not fit my body correctly the pistol does not hug to me very well at 3 o clock or even 3:30, I find myself always adjusting and playing with it, always looking down and picking at my shirt to make sure I am not printing.

Oh well we will call it a $35 lesson

I have carried for 30 years. Every few years I try an IWB with my smaller carry pieces and have yet to find one I like including a couple of Alien gear holsters. Last year I said the heck with it and just use OWB and couldn't be happier. In those 30 years I have had maybe 5 comments by people who noticed I was carrying concealed. I notice the retaining clips on IWB and know what is up and I know I am not alone.

Back