Al Franken?

Just curious, what do you base that statement on?

Simple. Just listen to anything he says. His major achievement is life is writing a book bashing Rush Limbaugh, which tied him in first place as the darling of the liberal circuit alongside Michael Moore.

And his nasal whine drawling voice ranks as torture just having to hear it.

Simple. Just listen to anything he says. His major achievement is life is writing a book bashing Rush Limbaugh, which tied him in first place as the darling of the liberal circuit alongside Michael Moore.
That book was not mean spirited. It was factual. He simply pointed out a bunch of lies Rush told. I bought the book when it first came out and looked up both sides of many of the entries. It became very clear that Franken was right about pretty much everything.

I listened to him on his Air America show mostly in the way I watch John Stewart.. it's always fun to watch someone get skewered for making stuff up. I respect the fact that he always had guests from both sides of the aisle on for interviews and gave them a chance to speak their piece. He detested O'Reilly's microphone bullying (cut him off, etc) and made it a point to allow people their voice. Obviously, if he disagreed with their position, there would be followup questions and commentary, but that was kind of his job.

Yes, Al is for gun control. That is not a secret. I assume that he didn't put it on his site as it is simply not an issue that ranks high with left wing voters. In other words, it would be seen as negative by the right and ignored by the left. (I admit I am making this up, I'd love to see the list of top 10 political issues that left wing voters are using to base their votes on, but my sense is that RKBA is simply off the radar)

I'd like to see more people like Al run. That is, I'd like to see people that aren't entrenched in the political bubble come in. The current crop of congress critters show very little away from "business as usual". Maybe it is just a wishful "take back the government and return it to the people" mentality I am taking on today though...

I've got to get out of here. First a pro wrestler runs for governor, now a comedian runs for senate.. And we all thought Hollywood was the looney bin.

Move to California - you get actors for governor and then president - :D

And there is a candidate for president playing the guitar for Chuck Norris and gazing into his eyes. What else do you want? :D

I thought Franken was funny at times. Rather ranting now. He did go perform for troops supposedly without political humor.

Back