AIWB holsters & urinals (guys).

Pistoler0

Hello, fellow male AIWB carriers (I assume that what I am going to describe is not an issue for female carriers).

I am right handed and carry AIWB, and my pistol holster and mag carrier are separate so that when at public urinals I unbutton and the pistol goes to the right, and the mag to the left.

I have been interested in AIWB holsters that include a mag carrier, such as this:
https://www.tier1concealed.com/collections/allholsters/products/agis?variant=51088892053
attachment.php

However with such a contraption, how does one use the urinal? Because obviously the holster does not part open so that one can... you know?

Attachments

• Tier1.jpg
    Tier1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
Just funning you a little!!
Thats one of those "hands on" things you may have to work out for yourself.

Be sure you retention is up to not dropping on the floor. Bad form!!

And remember,while you and I never look at what our neighbor is doing in the urinal next to us.....I'm not too sure about the guy in post #3.

He just might peek at what you are packing.

They make a form fitting plastic funnel device for the ladies and Old Guy ice fishermen dressed in many layers who have very cold hands.

In any case keep your powder dry!

I cannot answer your question definitively.

However, I do not unbutton at the urinal. I just unzip.

Is it possible that, while wearing this, there might be enough clearance (perhaps with a little hiking up of the holster) to do one's business from underneath?

Otherwise, it would seem to be a requirement to remove the holster entirely beforehand.

For AIWB I use a clip-on kydex holster about 12:30 that doesn't prevent using a urinal; spare mag carried in a separate mag pouch.
Holster pictured with a Glock 19/23 (2nd option™ pocket pistol that goes with it included on left).
attachment.php

Attachments

• SummerPic2.jpg
    SummerPic2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 385
Then there is that school teacher that dropped her gun in her stall and obliterated a defenseless toilet, and cleared the school and had to explain it to the rapid response team!

I learned all I needed to learn about dropping a "weapon" in a rest room stall back in the early 1970's,when I cared a Colt Tear Gas Pen.

Not particularly drop safe,and subject to falling out of the hip pocket dropping trousers.

An unpleasant experience I would not care to repeat.

And a cheap lesson to remember carrying a concealed handgun.

You could consider a smartcarry holster.

They can be ordered with a mag pouch and, being textile, are more....manoeuvrable.

I like mine.

But as others have said, a stall gives you peace of mind, even if you stay standing: doesn't matter if a pistol grip is suddenly there for the toilet roll holder to see...

Why not just use the left hand to do what needs to be done, and the right to hold onto the undone belt and holstered weapon, as nonchalantly as possible? Reverse for southpaws.

You could consider a smartcarry holster.

They can be ordered with a mag pouch and, being textile, are more....manoeuvrable.

I like mine.

But as others have said, a stall gives you peace of mind, even if you stay standing: doesn't matter if a pistol grip is suddenly there for the toilet roll holder to see...
I like the Smart Carry too. I use it when I need absolute no print concealment, such as when wearing slacks and a tucked in button down shirt for a presentation at school, or similar situation.

And yes, it is very convenient for using public restrooms. The downside is that access to the firearm if needed, is a bit more difficult as the firearm is below the belt and deep into the pouch -> no quick draws.

OK, i'm old and behind the curve, IWB stands for Inside the Waistband??

would someone kindly tell me what the "A" means???

Hello, fellow male AIWB carriers (I assume that what I am going to describe is not an issue for female carriers).

I am right handed and carry AIWB, and my pistol holster and mag carrier are separate so that when at public urinals I unbutton and the pistol goes to the right, and the mag to the left.

I have been interested in AIWB holsters that include a mag carrier, such as this:
https://www.tier1concealed.com/collections/allholsters/products/agis?variant=51088892053
attachment.php

However with such a contraption, how does one use the urinal? Because obviously the holster does not part open so that one can... you know?

are you wearing Levi's button fly 501s or something? I just unzip to take take a wiz.

Back