air rifle ?

Does anyone know anything about a Remington Vantage 1200 ? It is model number RW1K77X2.
Can a standard 22 rifle scope be used with this air gun ?

Last edited:
My understanding is springers recoil in such a way that a normal scope doesn't work so well. Something like double recoil.

I have heard the same thing, the shock and vibration unique to springers can damage rifle scopes that aren't especially designed for airguns.

Correct- most springer airguns will destroy normal scopes. An airgun scope will be "double-braced" internally to keep it together.

The nice thing is that airgun rated scopes are becoming cheaper and more common then in the past.

Who shoots a wadcutter at those distances, by the way?

I have the Nitro Piston version of the vantage 1200. About 1000 rounds in an the Center point that cane with it went wonky. It does not recoil or act like a springer though. With an NP a decent well made scope should do well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Who shoots a wadcutter at those distances, by the way?

If I lived in a semi-rural area with neighbors about a quarter of a mile away in every direction and I wanted to shoot squirrels out of trees in my back yard, I would purposely use the lightest and lowest BC wadcutters I could get. They are the pellet gun version of flu-flu arrows.

Whats the biggest caliber and in the best make and model that is still good accuracy at say 50 yards?

Career makes an airgun in 9mm (Korean air gun). Now, those 9mm pellets are not nearly the same weight as a 9mm handgun bullet, but they are pretty hefty for an airgun - can be used for hunting game. Quackenbush makes a .50 caliber air rifle; again, I don't know the grain of the actual .50 cal pellet. http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/bandit_1.html

There are many good Airguns under 200$ in a springer or nitro.but Remember with a airgun the smaller the pellet(.177) the more accurate you need to stay on target for varments. The bigger the pellets(.20,.22,.25) yo can have a little more circle of error in hit a small animal. Preferably go with a .22 or.25 good hits and maximum damage. I have kill hits out to .45 yards with my Beeman x-2 springer with a round nose 14.3 gr pellet while my Hasan pcp gun fires a 22.5 with longest kill at 75 yds. Test pellets to.your airgun will let you know what it likes. Round nose and pointed usually shoot best.x2 on pyramid air.

A friend loaned me his Remington Vantage 1200 and it is a blast to shoot. I mounted a Tasco 2-7 scope on it and it is good to go. I got the scope sighted in and it is a very accurate air gun. I couldn't believe it shot straight through a 1 gal milk jug filled with water. I thought the water would have stopped it. For a $130.00 air gun it is all I need. I was surprised to see it was made by crossman and any parts can be ordered from crossman.

Back