Advice on new buy: Winchester 1300

finally got around to the range after all this time and gotta say, the mossy 500 is fun. Easy to completely strip and reassemble, as long as you don't accidentally flip one of the parts over by mistake and arrange it improperly....:o

I like them all. I have never herd of many people having problems with pump shotguns as far as breakage or anything like that. I am sure it happens but I haven't herd a lot of complaints from people I know that have some of the guns discussed here. To me they 870, Moss.500, Stevens, Winchester, H&R, and I am sure I am missing some all fall into the low budget shotgun category.
People that knock Mossberg probably on 870's or something else and visa versa.

funny you say that mendozer, i did the same thing a couple weeks ago, still havent taken it apart again and fixed it, its a single shot at the moment

When Winchester undertook to reduce the cost of manufacturing their repeaters, they did it by utilizing the cheapest internals they could find, and they introduced the 1200/1400 series. They were fraught with problems and many internal parts failures right from the get go, and they helped the slide of once proud Winchester Corporation into eventual sell out. They dropped the 1400 and the 1200 morphed into the 1300, then the speed pump, now the SXP.
Mossberg and Remington have been basically unchanged for 50+ years. The Benelli Nova likewise remains constant, and we all know how Benelli likes "new and improved". Manufacturers do not change pump guns other than to address issues, or add new models of the same base gun with different options.
I do realize there are a lot of guys who have these guns and like them, but that doesn't change the facts. If I didn't already have one, I wouldn't buy one.

Back