• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

ADMIN! Please Enable Tapatalk! Please:)

Well mainly I was just wondering what people thought of the logo I made.
Ah! Sorry, you're right, we should have said something.

The logo isn't bad, not very colorful ( ;) ), but not bad. The major problem with using it, and any logo submitted by anyone else, is the copyright angle. Since we don't own your image, I don't think we can use it without written consent from you. Even so, let's not pursue that at this time.

The logo I presented is an obvious variation of the one we already own (and because I "work" for TFL, it automatically belongs to TFL), there is no copyright issue to worry about.

Mal H,
I like your graphic; however, IMHO, it has the same shortcoming as it's progenitor. The first time I visited the TFL, and saw the banner graphic, a thought popped into my head: Why isn't the portion within the scope's field of vision magnified? [SIZE=-1]The[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1](Firing)[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Line[/SIZE]. The same idea could be used in the Tapatalk graphic.

[SIZE=-2]Any intellectual property rights arising from this posting are hereby assigned to the firingline.com [/SIZE]

That's easy! It's a 1X scope - duh!

Seriously, that's a good point, but you're about 12 years too late with it. :)

Sorry to bump the old thread, but the topic didn't seem worthy of a new thread. I read this forum MUCH more than i post, and i often like to read the forum from my ipod touch.

If someone with an iPod or iPhone doesn't pay the Tapatalk people their $3, using a Tapatalk-enabled/polluted forum can be VERY annoying. Everytime i click on a thread or forum section i am forced to click on a pop-up from Tapatalk indicating that TFL is tapatalk-enabled website and that I should click for more information on tabatalk or click "No" to continue with my previous action. EVERY STINKIN' TIME!

It isn't worth it; now i don't access TFL on my iPod most of the time. I'm not a ballistics technician or anything, so my tiny contribution to the occasional thread surely won't be missed, but it will be delayed until i have my laptop or desktop handy.

If there is a work-around on this, i would greatly appreciate a heads-up.

At this point, i wouldn't give the Tapatalk people the sebacious excretions of my nether region, much less $3. :mad:

Sorry to bump the old thread, but the topic didn't seem worthy of a new thread. I read this forum MUCH more than i post, and i often like to read the forum from my ipod touch.

If someone with an iPod or iPhone doesn't pay the Tapatalk people their $3, using a Tapatalk-enabled/polluted forum can be VERY annoying. Everytime i click on a thread or forum section i am forced to click on a pop-up from Tapatalk indicating that TFL is tapatalk-enabled website and that I should click for more information on tabatalk or click "No" to continue with my previous action. EVERY STINKIN' TIME!

It isn't worth it; now i don't access TFL on my iPod most of the time. I'm not a ballistics technician or anything, so my tiny contribution to the occasional thread surely won't be missed, but it will be delayed until i have my laptop or desktop handy.

If there is a work-around on this, i would greatly appreciate a heads-up.

At this point, i wouldn't give the Tapatalk people the sebacious excretions of my nether region, much less $3. :mad:

Overall I agree that the "feature" that pops up with the message is rather annoying. However, that is also how I found out about Tapatalk. I paid the bucks. To me, what the hell is $3 good for if you have a job? The thing is, I use Tapatalk probably a solid 2+ hours a day. For me, it is the single most used/useful app I have paid for. I personally would suggest shelling out the money and seriously trying it for a few hours (Oh yeah, Apple doesn't allow for refunds, do they;). Personally, I have stopped using forums that DO NOT support Tapatalk. For me, it is 100x more a pleasurable experience to use Tapatalk than navigate through the browser on a mobile device. It's $3, giveup Burger King for one day and buy this instead. It could be argued that you don't wanna support them for spamming practically all mobile users with the above mentioned message, but it is capitalism here and I have a feeling that they loosely know what they are doing with the plugin;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk;)

That's weird, I use the free version of Tapatalk on my iPhone 4 and I don't get that pop-up, ever. I've never gotten ANY pop-up in Tapatalk except the one asking about signing in as Peetzakilla or as a guest.

That's weird, I use the free version of Tapatalk on my iPhone 4 and I don't get that pop-up, ever. I've never gotten ANY pop-up in Tapatalk except the one asking about signing in as Peetzakilla or as a guest.

That's because he's seeing it in the Safari browser on his iPod Touch. Try visiting TFL from your browser on a mobile device and you'll see what I mean. It says something like "This forum is Android Native. Click ok to read more about Tapatalk". I suppose it replaces "Android" with whatever mobile device you are using.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It could be argued that you don't wanna support them for spamming practically all mobile users with the above mentioned message, but it is capitalism here and I have a feeling that they loosely know what they are doing with the plugin

The $3 comment was out of spite for their spamming that has ruined browsing this site from my iPod. I can't blame them for advertising, though; i guess it is no sillier than people with "Mugen" stickers on their rear car window. Annoying though, darn annoying.

Posted from my desktop, 'cause Tapatalk has polluted my mobile browsing experience. :(

Is there a cookie setting in Safari for the iPad? If so, enable cookies, at least from TFL, and it should only happen one time after that....

Back