• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

ADMIN! Please Enable Tapatalk! Please:)

LinuxHack3r

Tapatalk is an absolutely wonderful app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, and Nokia. It makes it very easy to view and post to forums on a mobile device. I recently bought the pro version of the app for my android powered phone, and I absolutely LOVE it. It is supposed to be a simple plugin download for the forum administrator. The least I am asking is that whoever it is that actually gets down to the nitty gritty and makes this forum run, to at least read here:
http://www.tapatalk.com/
I cannot express how thankful I would be if The Firing Line is added to Tapatalk, and I'm sure many others would use it as well. Also, it is VERY easy to find forums related to certain subjects from within the Tapatalk app, so I would even think that TheFiringLine would grow. Please note that it is free for forum owners to activate it, it is the users that want the pro version of the app that shell out the 2.99 for it.

I haven't actually used the App, but I'm going to download it and see how it works, if it works as advertised, I'd second the motion to install it.

Thanks for the support. The free version gives you an idea of how it works, but the pro version is needed to actually REALLY use it. I am currently using the app for EDC Forums, as well as ZombieSquad. It makes reading, replying, posting pictures, at least 10x easier on a mobile device than using a browser.

Well, it works, yes... to the extent that I can use it.... I'm not a member of any of the forums that support it (I'm only on two) but the free forums that I can access all work, load fast (kind of amazingly, actually) and navigate well. I haven't bought the version that allows replies and such... bit of a catch-22 there... can't use it anyway unless TFL supports it.

Oh, for a mere $999, you can also "rebrand" the App and make it an actual "TFL iPhone App" that TFL could sell in the AppStore!

(Otherwise, it's free for the forum admin)

Sorry... confirm that it works on TFL?

I installed it but haven't added TFL to tapatalk's forum index yet. Not sure if that's required...

Can you not just use tapatalk with TFL without having it in tapatalk's official database of forums?

Welp, I need a 90x90 graphic then. First person to provide a good one gets it as the official tapatalk logo for TFL.

How's this? Hardly perfect, but expedient.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tfl4.JPG
    tfl4.JPG
    2.7 KB · Views: 281
Had to run to Walmart for camping supplies, go figure;)
Decided to try it out while waiting in line, works fantastic! Will try to get the logo up soon, I have a really good idea imho.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Oh yes, thanks so much! For me on my mobile it is so much faster and easier to use. And plus it makes it easy to upload pictures from your phone. I usually browse these forums from my phone anyway, but actually replying has been so much trouble due to the layout of everything. But this fixes that! BTW, logo is working well...

Well...working with 90x90 pixels, it is very hard to do anything "beautiful". However I came up with this simplistic logo, with more ideas that I may pursue in the meantime;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• lOGO.jpg
    lOGO.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 237
What should be happening in this thread? The function was installed as requested. It appears to be working according to the posts above. What else is there to say on the topic?

Well mainly I was just wondering what people thought of the logo I made. But that's that. And also I suppose it was just interesting seeing what other's wrote of the app. That's all. But you're right, nothing more to see here.

Back