ACP/LP

Folks, I may be wrong ( won't be the first time ) but this is on a rifle forum, and Wala42 was asking about using 45 ACP in his "45 Colt " saddle gun ( not revolver ), being that the question is on the rifle forum, and the way the question is worded, leads me to believe he is asking is .45 ACP and .45 Colt are interchangeable in his rifle ( which I'm assuming is a lever action. Whats all this have to do with moon clips?:):):)

Well, all the revolver talk illustrates why the .45 Colt and ACP don't mix in a rifle. One is rimless and the other is rimmed. In order to work in the revolvers, moon clips give the ACP case a "rim".
A lever gun for .45ACP could certainly be made. There are a few semi-auto carbines for the round already, for those who prefer to shoot in zoot suit costumes instead of cowboy costumes.

And did you really answered what he wanted to know , which was a simple yes or no. No because of the rim and length. :):):) I think every one just got off the subject. Of course that is just my opinion and I have more out in the garage.

pretty sure there were a lot of "no" in there, you were just bent out of shape because of revolver talk in a rifle forum...
there is no place in a rifle forum for revolver talk;)
SCJ44MB_017.jpg

Not bent out of shape, just curious. I just think every one misread his question and went off on a tangent. Unless of course that is the type of rifle the OP was referring to, odd saddle rifle, that.

the OP was asking if you could shoot 45ACP in a saddle gun designed for 45LC citing articles refering to using ACP in LC revolvers, we have just been explaining everything that goes into firing 45ACP from a LC revolver and why said ACP would not work in a saddlegun without significant reworking which with pretty much tantanmount to building a new rifle from scratch.

I just figured the revolver talk was background as to why, and how the ACP/LC combo works in some situations and how it wouldn't work in others.
;)

I do tend to ramble and sometimes are guilty of TMI, but not everyone is satisfied with a short simple yes or no, and they come here looking for explanations too.

exactly tahuna.... No, unless your "saddle gun" is a revolving rifle with moon clips. The Circuit Judge is cool, but won't quality will it? No moon clips cutouts in the cylinder.

not that I know of... I'm waiting for S&W to make a governor carbine... that would be a "saddle gun" I could get behind.

Back