"Accuracy/Bullseye" shooters.. What helped you most?

Yep, trigger time is most important.
As long as good techniques are being followed.
Poor ones are just a hindrance.
If going to the range regularly isn't possible, there are other ways to get trigger time.
Every day in fact, with dry fire, airguns, and even video games, like Big Shrek sez.
It all helps.

wow what a helpful thread!!

Thank you everyone who has given input, its helped me for sure.

I am a relatively new shooter, I bought my first handgun at 21 and am 23 now. I cant afford all the best equipment at this point but recently after months of saving I purchased a glock 34, I have put in a spring kit and a much better trigger connector but that is all. I know this isn't a perfectly tuned 1911 but how does that hold up in the world of bulls eye shooting?

I cant wait to get some more trigger time after reading all this!

QUOTE: "...I know this isn't a perfectly tuned 1911 but how does that hold up in the world of bulls eye shooting?"

I've competed in a lot of Bullseye matches over the past fifty years or so but I must say, I've never seen a Glock pistol "on the line". I'm sure it can be done and I'm sure some have done it but, as good as a Glock pistol is for a great many other reasons, it'll never "hold up in the world of bulls eye shooting". Time to start saving for that 1911...:)

Dry firing while aiming at at small static points helped more than any other single thing. That is where you really discover your weaknesses in trigger control.

what a wonderful sport

Dry firing helped me back in the day I also practice fired on 25 yard targets at 50 yards its harder and when match day came and I shot at 25 yards it was like shooting a larger easier target but that was a long time ago
bb

Back