Access to firearms

They do allow open and conceal carry in that store but your weapon is checked/unloaded at the door.
HUH? How is this allowing? I
I've never been told no on feeling the trigger expect for at Dick's! Which I will never go in to that store again. Plus they took the black rifles off the self because they are evil.

Every gun shop I have bought a gun at in the last few years has tried to up-sale me ammo/holsters/cases/scopes etc. Its how they make money. I feel bad for anyone that can't buy ammo for their new weapon, that sucks.....

I have never seen trigger locks at any gun shop in VA that I have been in.

It's interesting to hear of the differences in GS practices in different regions of the country. Around here we have lots of stores who have unlocked racks of rifles on the sales floor with unimpeded access for customers, and as far as I know, there haven't been any problems. Some stores don't do this, of course... and none of the big-box stores do, but the ones who do are either dedicated gun stores, or pawn shops with the majority of their stock being guns.

I can't think of any store of any kind that leaves its handguns with open access.

So glad I live in a firearms-friendly state.... not just for the lack of ridiculous laws, but for the common sense mindset of most of us.

I live in a firearms hostile state. Here, you don't get to see the gun unless you show your license to carry. In many cases, have to hand over your license to the clerk while you handle the gun.

WOW what a range of differences. I found a LGS the other day with all of the firearms out in the open. That includes the pistols in fact they are within inches of the front door. It is a small store but no gun locks if you see something you like you can just pick it up and look it over. Very friendly and helpful but just basic models nothing interesting but great prices.

Back