Abilene Revolvers

Good point. But I test fired a lot of Seville's. Not all but a lot. Used to take them out to the desert and pop 6 rounds thru every one. well except for the few extra on the ones I liked better. So even the NIB have been fired a few times at the factory. I had a 44 go off in my hand at a range in New York. I was very young and very dumb. Still have all the fingers though. Maybe a few less age lines in one palm but other than that all ok.

John Himmelmann
Seville

lol, well, good thing you retained all your digits. And my case in point, even NIB technically is not NIB, lol. The last time I was at the range a friend of mine laid his finger along the side of the cylinder of my Supermag and touched one off. Well, you can imagine the pain when the excess powder spitting out of the barrel/cylinder gap cut him very deeply on his left index finger, and cauterized it so it wouldn't bleed, also sealing in the chemicals in the unburnt powder. Not funny, and yet, still comical when I think about that, lol

Ray

LOL yeah, he was. I told him if I ever saw him do something that stupid again, I'd have him deported myself, lol

Ray

Better Late than Never-I Just Bought an "Abilene" .357 Mag

Hi Gents,

While looking for information about my pistol and the company, United States Arms of Riverhead, NY that made it, I found a number of old posts on the subject submitted between 2000-2007. I hope some of you are still working this forum, see this post and will reply.

I have a fine 98% 6 1/2 in bbl. .357 Magnum "Abilene" model made in Riverhead, NY (as stated on the left side of the frame). Serial #: 10-006383.

My pistol has "transfer bar."

My cylinder pin screw is in the front angled down 45 degrees. NOTE: I read in one of the 2007 posts that if the cylinder pin screw is in the front, then the pistol was made after operations left Rivehead. Can anyone explain then why my frame says "made in Riverhead, NY?" Understand that after 1974, the "Seville" model replaced the "Abilene" so can anyone tell me, based on that fact and my serial #, what year my pistol was made?

Thanks, this is one of the nicest finished and smooth single action pistols that I have held and fired in years.

Warrior6391

Last edited:
Back