A word of caution to CCWs - NY Good guy shooting.

Is this a definite case of where...

a good witness is the best course of action?

All bets off if perpetrator start shooting at you???

jrothWA, a complication in this case, (at least as reported by others) is that the agent's wife and child were sitting outside in an idling car. This could have made them ideal carjacking candidates for the robber's getaway, and it's entirely possible that thought made the agent decide to engage.

Problem is in NYC, due to gun control, cops think anyone without a badge is a bad guy and it's a free fire zone.

Hence they don't hesitate to shoot someone with a gun, cop or not, if there is no ID.

Here in Texas I rarely hear of a cop shooting another cop, undercover or not.

Deaf

I would suspect that "position sul" is your friend in the moments before and after you are actually shooting. Sul is a way of very professionally and safely pointing the gun down at the floor. It screams out "trained pro" to anybody with an ounce of firearms sense, with any luck even if they're not themselves trained in it.

Professionally trained? Those are often the most dangerous of criminals like Charlie Whitman, Platt and Matix, Benjamin Colton Barnes, Timothy Edward Carson, Bobby Lozano, Michael Edward Tindall, Carl Holliday, Athelson Kelson, John Allen Muhammed, Dennis Nilsen, etc.

Just because the suspect is professionally trained doesn't mean he isn't a bad guy.

I read an article which detailed a number of police on police shootings. Unfortunately, I did not save the link. One article stated that 1 fatal shooting occures, on average, each year.

I visited the DOJ statics web site but could not locate any information on this subject.

It would be interesting to find out how many of these shootings occure each year along with locations.

Could someone more computer/research savoy check this out and post it.

Back