A Strictly Handgun CAS

sundance44s

My local club has better stageing than you`ve seen on TV .. probally most clubs do , they probally have so many shooters at the events you`ve seen that they have to shorten it a bit . Find a local club and go watch them shoot ... its very addicting .

I'm 35 and with a wife, child, another on the way and house there is no way I can go dumping the $$$ that you need to compete in the SASS. I got an Uberti SAA clone and nice Triple K rig a couple years ago and went to a match to spectate. I even reload my own 45 Colts. If there were a simple 2 gun 6 gun category I would join and get another SAA clone but I am not dumping the major $$$ for a rifle and shotgun when I haven't even decided how deep into the sport I wish to be.

I already got the hat and boots from when I lived in Arkansas...

The SASS is blocking many people out for what appears to me to be nothing more than eliteism. Plenty of members are nice enough to offer the use of a rifle or shotgun but I just woudn't feel right. It would be a year or two at least before I could justify the purchase of both and there is no way I could "borrow" ones for that long.

+1 Musketeer

I think that's my major drawback as well, the initial costs. If their was a class for 2 SAA and reload once for a total of 18 rnds I would be interested in that to get my feet wet in the sport.

sundance44s

The SASS club shoot i went and watched .. i didn`t even take a gun .. and at least 3 different people tried to get me to shoot a stage useing their guns . I was shocked by this .. i `ve always had a policy i don`t borrow tools and i don`t loan out tools .. that way everyone stays happy ! i did appreaciate the jesture though .. met some really good folks .

Back