A sore back.

He stated his problem...seems like he has probably had serious medical attention.
Yep.
Between my finances, the insurance company, and the attending physicians, there's nothing else that can be done at this time.

At this point, I'm just waiting for a "really bad day" when I can get an MRI in the E.R., at the worst of the situation, so that the radiologist can finally see just how bad things get (when my legs are numb and nearly non-functional :rolleyes:).

Sorry - my mistake. He has obviously had serious medical attention and is waiting for the "painful opportunity" to show doctor(s) the effect of his problems. I wish you well FrankenMauser - hope you are as lucky as I have been.

Arthritis..... If you are lucky. The Firing Line -- you've come to the right place for a medical diagnosis.....Go see a physician !

David. :(

Arthritis..... If you are lucky

From what I hear, arthritis in the back or spine is not so lucky. Can cause stenosis. We may be giving suggestions, but they all add up to 'see a doctor,' especially if you haven't had back pain before. The younger you are, the more likely it's muscular, but even that can be quite serious if you don't treat it somehow. I had a stiff back for two years in my 30s until I went to a chiropractor. He used electric stimulation on my back and slowly the pain and stiffness went away. Back pain can work in a vicious cycle: Pain, tightness, more pain, more tightness, and so on. Sometimes it's enough to stop the pain and your back will recover. Sometimes it's just hiding a future and worse problem.

Last person in my family who had chronic back pain turned out to be pancreatic cancer -- it took approx 1 1/2 months to getting her wings -- my point re arthritis. Post 55 most of us begin to get a little knicked up with arthritis. Yes, I don't want to minimize the pain (I know myself) but it's not fatal. 68 this month myself -- gunning for 70,

David. :)

Back