a silence question

For rifle rounds aluminum isn’t the best choice for longevity. Steel is better but the best use other metals that are even more abrasion/heat resistant like Inconel.

Most of my Form 1 suppressors use a Mix of 4130, 4140 chromoly steel and 6061 or 7075 aluminum.

My first 223 can was 4130 tube end caps and blast baffle. The remaining bafles are all aluminum. My second 223 can is all 4130. The aluminum is holding up ok, but I do not heat it up much.

Ranb

Firstly can we stop talking about silencers. Silencers aim to silence a firearm they are large and bulky and are what Hollywood and the media have got politicians all worked up about.

What you want is what is widely used in NZ and the UK- a sound moderator- something that will cut the decibels of a firearm by 30% or so reducing hearing damage to the shooter and annoyance to the public if shooting in settled areas.

Silencer....supressor.....clip.....magazine....whatever.....Yea,you can get a Can for any gun you want that shoots a single projectile(Shotguns are theoretically possible but you risk pellet strikes and can you say SCATTER gun.Problem is with high power rifles is although it will nearly remove the "Report" you still will have a loud sharp sonic boom crack unless you download your powders and shoot subsonic ONLY.

23hk4l1.jpg

Think I saw this one on a honda!

germancannonmuffler04ak3.jpg

still trying to figure out WHY they painted the first one 3 color camo....yea,like your really going to field that thing in combat and hide it from the enemy......

I have seen a deer cull operation that used a suppressed .270 win. I was about 100 yards away and it made a huge difference in what I heard. "Was that a gunshot?" I don't know the brand or whether it was really intended for .30 cal.

Back