A question about "cans"

Your questions are too general to answer well.
My questions are as specific as I could get given my current knowledge level of almost nothing.

Basically I know that a silencer is a can with baffles sort of like a linear car muffler. Beyond that I'm trying to learn more out of simple curiosity.

So, in short, I've asked the best questions I know how to ask. :D

All of my experience is with shooting one and disassembling the suppressor was not something I ever did, so I couldn't speak to the technical aspects of it.

From what I remember, the suppressor just screws off the front similar to any other screw on pistol suppressor. It looks like it could actually be shot without the suppressor attached but I don't know that for a fact.

From what I remember, the suppressor just screws off the front similar to any other screw on pistol suppressor.

Well, the SD suppressor is detachable but without it attached, the ported barrel is going to be venting into the handguards. The SD suppressor is designed with the back section filled with a wire mesh - this is the part that the ported barrels bleed off into. Also the threads are on the back of the barrel (so the suppressor can fit over the ported section of the barrel), not the front.

Here are some of my drawings and a photo.

This 510 whisper can is 2x18", very large. It telescopes over the last 6" of the barrel and makes a 950 grain bulllet moving 1050 fps sound like a car door slamming.

Drawing of the 510 whisper set up for the Encore and an Enfield modified to be like a Delisle carbine.

A 9mm silencer for my Browning HP.

All of these are easy to make on a hobby lathe from tubing and bar stock.

Ranb

Back