A new swing out 9rd DA 22/22WMR coming..but darn. From Diamondback

It even operates like the old HI Standard, pull the Ejector rod forward to release the cylinder.
I wonder how long ago the patents on the HI Standard ran out.

Double-Nine

It looks like a 1960s HI Standard Longhorn.
Yes, that would be the Double-Nine and was the first revolver that I owned. It was only available in .22LR. You can still find these, floating around and kind of wish I still had mine, for nostalgic reasons......:rolleyes:

Be Safe !!!

Unless a specific part has a unique function it can't be patented.
A specific gun can not be patented-only unique parts, so there is/was no patent on the Sentinel gun as a whole.

I had a High Standard Durango years ago, pretty close overall to the Diamondback offering. Several pals had Double Nines and they all worked OK and shot decent. I'm tempted to give this new version a try.

"Is it in the spirit?"

A question that I have to ask is and understand that it's just me; "Is it in the spirit?" By "My" measure, it is not and I don't need to buy one. There are many good features and the price is right so I for what I see, I would not discourage anyone from buying it. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

I don't know how it could be done wrong...but my multiple DB9 experience with multiple quick "generations" from Diamondback scares me away from what otherwise would be a buy...

Maybe Ruger can do what they do best and copy the Diamondback.

Back