A little .45-70 info please.......

I've had this one for about 5 years love to shoot it, I do have a tang sight set up for it but shoot it with open sights as show quite a bit. I mainly shoot BP thru it now Swiss 1.5Fg and 535 grain cast bullet.
Oh stock photo.

208S.782.jpg

I've long considered a Sharps.

The local store has one in stock. It's a fine looker, for sure.

But the shells are a bit rich for this old cowpoke. I'm more of a pistolero shootist. Shells are cheaper for them.

I agree that the Sharps is a great looking rifle. I would love to have one but it is a little too expensive for me. For less than half of the price of the Pedersoli Sharps I have both a Wesson & Harrington (H&R) 32" Buffalo Classic and a Marlin 1895G Guide Gun. Both are very accurate and a lot of fun to shoot.

However, if finances allowed, I would certainly get one of the Pedersoli rifles.

I want a Gatling's gun now! Ha! Wish they more more affordable. Doesn't Colt's make them? Or at least had them on their website?

Wow. That's a might stiff on the 'ol wallet, methinks.

I think I'd rather have an M1919 or something for that amount of coin.

I'm surprised nobody has made a more affordable, possibly simplified Gatling for the civilian market that uses a crank like the original Gatling.

AFAIK they are not classified as a machine gun since the crank acts as the "trigger" or something like that.

I can imagine a modernized variant being a real hit in 5.56 or 7.62x39mm, even .308 etc.

If you're traveling through Cody, WY, you can try out a Gatling your own self. 64 bucks buys you 40 rounds on the crank. From what I understand, the Gatling there is re-chambered to shoot .45 LC, instead of 45/70. Check the site out below, and make an appointment...

www.codyfirearmsexperience.com

Back