A Fox, Hunting

Originally posted by Art Eatman:

So I can't help but wonder at the amount of time spent to get the videos of our fox during his hunting.

Same here. I doubt very much that the footage was a chance encounter. In one of the scenes you can see the fox is walking in fox tracks partially covered with snow. He/she is stepping in each track precisely. Obviously a route he/she took on a earlier hunt days before. Some of the other footage may indeed be from that earlier hunt. Odds are there was weeks/months of waiting in a blind and hundreds/thousands of hours of footage taken to produce those few minutes that were broadcast.

I would like to see the actual results with all of the variables noted. It seems our canine companions may have one sense up on us.

While I can say it is possible that canines can sense the magnetic forces around us, I am wondering how the observer or scientists studying the data determined that the dogs pooped along magnetic lines. I have noticed that dogs tend to choose their locations carefully, but it seemed to me it was based on scent. What proved otherwise to the researchers?

Back