A Different Question

I like to use the Brady Campaign's list of their "safest" states from a few years ago and start at the bottom of the list.

The Brady Campaign's "worse" states for their gun laws are:

Utah
Oklahoma
Louisiana
Kentucky
Idaho
Arizona
Alaska
West Virginia
South Dakota
North Dakota

Out of those states, it's hard to tell exactly what state is the most pro-gun, but I think you'd be hard pressed to argue against Kentucky.

Kentucky is a shall issues state. Your money and a one day class and shooting test will get you a license for 5 years. Kentucky is also an open carry state and anyone in the state, resident or not, can legally carry a loaded handgun in their glove box. It is also illegal for your employeer to prohibit you from keeping a loaded gun in your private vehicle even on their grounds.

One of the things I'm not sure I like about Virginia is one of the documents you can turn in for your CCW is a DD-214 saying that you were Honorably discharged. My wife and I took NRA courses for ours, and take a yearly legal course for updating.

BTW dusterdude
I do, I do, protest sir, and demand satisfaction
(in my best Foghorn Leghorn accent) :D

Farms been in the family for a 157 years
Decided training horses is more fun than standing behind them plowing:cool:

Hehe you guys can claim to be in gun-friendly states when your streets are named like this

;)

(Apart from Sharps Loop, Henry St., Browning Ave, Weatherby Way, Remington Ave, Stevens St, Springfield St...there might be some manufacturers in there I don't even recognize. The jury is out on Ithica drive because of the spelling)

Alaska is gun friendly.:D

1. No permit for conceal carry,
2. Open carry common,
3. NFA items; no problem, just meet the federal requirements,
4. Even the grocery stores and Wally Worlds sell guns and ammo,
5. The high schools and university have rifle teams,
6. There many tasty animals to hunt and fish for. (Some will hunt you)

Alaska is definately #1.

Not only because of the laws in this great state, but also because of the general attitude toward firearms of most any type. I dare to say that you will not find a more gun-friendly atmosphere than in Alaska.

Sure, lots of states have great laws... However, most Alaskans actually take advantage of ours...

One of the things I'm not sure I like about Virginia is one of the documents you can turn in for your CCW is a DD-214 saying that you were Honorably discharged. My wife and I took NRA courses for ours, and take a yearly legal course for updating.
Then you might be upset to learn that all I had to do was watch an hour long video (online), take a brief online test, and print off a certificate.
And I haven't shot anyone over a parking space yet :cool:

Arizona is right up there with Alaska.

No permit is required for concealed carry, NFA ok, lawful open carry, etc.

Vermont also doesn't require permits for concealed carry.

EDIT: Fixed typo

Last edited:
wally,hopefully with a republican governor now,we can get the parking lot law passed.

MacDonald was Governor last session, which did help but changes are needed in the Senate to get anything like the rights Alaska, Arizona or Vermont have.

wally626 said:
MacDonald was Governor last session, which did help but changes are needed in the Senate to enjoy anything like the rights Alaska, Arizona or Vermont recognize.

There, fixed it.

kozak6 said:
Arizona is right up there with Alaska.

No permit is required for open carry, NFA ok, lawful open carry, etc.

Vermont also doesn't require permits for concealed carry.

As I said, other states also have great laws... However, the general attitude towards firearms in Alaska is much more tolerant than that of ANY other state. And I'll bet my next paycheck on that one.

Back