a different pest control rifle

Air rifles are kind of like real guns.

No one does every job well.

You won't hunt squirrels or rabbits with a .460 Weatherby, nor would you hunt Cape buffalo with a .22lr.
(I know, extreme differences)

But the single stroke break barrel guns are all about FPS and FPE.
that being said, they are great guns and have their place, fantastic power, quick to put back in action, simple to load. But the down side of them is they are hold sensitive. Meaning you have to hold them differently than you do a regular gun to get the best accuracy from them.
If your primary need is for pest management, they are a great way to go, air is free (no co2) and very little effort is needed to put them into action.

The multi pumpers, while noisy to pump (my Benjamin has the same tempo and sounds like someone chopping wood), they can be adjusted for the power as needed.
Just this past Saturday, my nephew and I were plinking in the back yard, I was shooting 1 inch metal spinner targets at 15 yards with 3 pumps, a squirrel came into the pecan tree over head, as I was pumping for the next shot, I just kept pumping to 8 pumps, loaded a pellet, and bagged a nice squirrel.

We cleaned him, put him in the freezer with the others.

I have some co2 rifles, and pistols they are the poor mans pre charged pneumatic. At a fraction of the cost.

Some of them are adjustable in the power department, but it usually requires a tool.
But that being said, they can be the most accurate of the sub $200 rifles out there, and are not hold sensitive and can be shot well by most people with little practice or learning curve.

I have seen the interchangeable barrel beemans, watched and read a few reviews on them.
They generally seem favorable, but personally with my luck, when I went to grab it, it would have the wrong barrel for what I wanted to do at the moment.

Yes it will print to a different point of aim with the different weight pellets at different speeds.
In fact, every time you open a new tin of pellets it is wise to check your zero with that tin, as even though it is the same company, same weight, and same pellet style, I have seen more than once the need for sight adjustments from one lot to another.

I am not predijuced against any type of propellant, I shoot spring guns, nitrogen piston guns, pump up air guns, co2, propane powered, even some electrically fired air guns, black powder, smokeless..

If it has a trigger, let me have a shot..

Some of my unusual airguns/ non gunpowder toys.
An electrically fired air gun, selective fire, semiauto and 800rounds per minute.
1672s10.jpg

The top 1911 and the m11a1 use propane, the middle 1911 uses co2, as does the glock clone.

The m11 is selective fire, semi and 1200 rounds per minute.
A short video
'M11 mag dump
15wjx55.jpg

Details of the trademarks on the 1911 co2 gun.
2rdw74z.jpg

Even if they were not so much fun to shoot, they make Great Wall hangers in the man cave. And if someone breaks in and steals them, no real guns get put on the street.

As the real ones are locked up in the safe.

Last edited:
Back