A dang purdy single action.

the Uberti EL PATRON comes with WOLFF SPRINGS, A TRIGGER JOB, and mine has the 4 clicks and the COLT type hammer. I do not know if the new ones are like that, but they advertise it as competition ready

Beautiful single action you have there!
I have a similar model with the longer barrel. My camera/lighting can't actually capture the brighter blue of the barrel and cylinder very well. I'm so glad I bought it many years ago now. It's nice to see another one!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cattleman_Charcoal797.jpg
    Cattleman_Charcoal797.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 727
  • Cattleman_Charcoal803.jpg
    Cattleman_Charcoal803.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:
I only have a few SAO revolvers and I enjoy shooting them a lot. That charcoal blue Uberti is one I'll have one day in my stable.

Have fun with it.

Viper1357, you have a very nice looking revolver, too. It looks to have the same retractable firing pin hammer that mine had. Yours also has the older black powder frame (a plus in my book). You have the 5 1/2" barrel and it looks unfired. Not sure how you could have had it for very long though since I think it has been only few years that Uberti has put that hammer on their revolers. Up until a few years ago they were all 4 click hammers. I guess I could be wrong but don't think so. You should shoot it. It is a hoot. :)

Viper1357, it doesn't look like it has got out much :) . I don't see any holster wear for all those years :) .

Nice revolvers guys! My Model P is hiding in the holster I carry it in.

Attachments

• simplyRuggedHolsterAndBelt20220222_800.jpg
    simplyRuggedHolsterAndBelt20220222_800.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 36
Straightshot, I had to look it up (old receipts) and it turns out I had it coming on 5 years now, so not as long as I was thinking but still for a good while.
Yes on the BP frame being a plus, and yes still unfired. I had every intention to fire it when I bought it but after giving it a clean and wipe down lube, man that charcoal blue finish (screws too even though camera color didn't pick up) even brighter than my pics show, and the flawless high polished wood grips just twisted my thinking enough to display it more than shoot it. I'd never purposely purchased a "safe queen" non shooter, but evidently I somewhat did it with this beauty.

-Now that said, I had/have a number of other SAAs I was shooting regularly at the time, and then covid, ammo shortages, and several health issues the last couple years really cut down on most of my firearm shooting as well. Oddly enough this is my only '3 click' SAA, but if I cock the hammer back very slowly I can eke out a faint but noticeable '4th click sound' on full cock back.

I have a better camera now than when those pics were taken, hmmm I should take some updated better pics... :)
Lastly, yes I should shoot it, and I know it would definitely be a hoot!

"

Last edited:
Viper1357, is your revolver a Stoeger import? I ask because I guess Uberti was putting those hammers on some of the importers revolvers further back than I realized. I purchase mostly Cimarrons and they did not start putting the safety retractable firing pin on ther guns untill about a year ago. The ower of Cimarron had an argeement with Uberti to stay with the four click hammers on their firearms untill about a year ago. Now all their revolvers have the retractable firing pin also except for their 7th Cav. model and some of their higher end revolvers.

Beautiful six shooters.
Here’s one of mine.

Attachments

• 9537ACF0-A3DB-4C2F-BE0E-58EE9A7C73F8.jpeg
    9537ACF0-A3DB-4C2F-BE0E-58EE9A7C73F8.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 45
Straightshot, The top of the barrel is stamped with Uberti and Stoeger so I assume that's what you are asking. I have a few different Cimarrons and an EMF Great Western, all having the four click hammers. This Uberti is my only retractable fp style three click hammer.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cattleman_Charcoal 9996.jpg
    Cattleman_Charcoal 9996.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Cattleman_Charcoal 9998.jpg
    Cattleman_Charcoal 9998.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 161
Viper1357, Yes, that is what I was referring to. Beretta Holdings bought out Uberti back in 2000. Stoeger, although a member of the same parent comany Beretta, is one of the importers of Uberti firearms like Cimarron and Taylor's & Co. I believe they all have both their name and Uberti roll marked on their respective firearm's barrel.

I agree with you about the "black powder"
frame. I have one, too, but mine is one of the Cimarron "Thunderer"s, and only has a 3 1/2" barrel.
I ordered an El Paso Saddlery belt and custom holster for it, and it carries very well.
Mine has a .45ACP spare cylinder, and I would be hard-put to like it more.
I am a handloader and cast my own bullets. You would be surprised finding out what 160 and 200 grain RNFP will do in that little gun, not to mention 255 grain SWCs.
Have fun,
Gene

I have never really looked at the Uberti's. No one local has them, but I'll make it a point to go find one soon !! That is a beautiful revolver !! I hope it serves you well, and gives you great enjoyment .

Jim

Back