A dang purdy single action.

Straitshot

I visited my LGS yesterday and saw this new Uberti. What turned me on to this revolver besides the charcoal bluing was it is the old model frame. It didn’t take me long to decide it needed to be in my modest single action collection. The external fit and finish on this revolver is the best Uberti I have owned and it will rivel most SAA revolvers currently being produced. The only current exception would be the new Standard Mfg. single action, but the Standard is three times the price of the Uberti. I don’t particularly like the fact that it is a three click, but I have ordered a hammer kit to change it to an original 4 click. It is in 45 Colt caliber.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC04978-1.JPG
    DSC04978-1.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,462
  • DSC04982-1.JPG
    DSC04982-1.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,443
Last edited:
If you still have the original box the proper base pin screw should be in there. It was in the box for mine.

That looks nice!

Attachments

• 44 WCF Flat Top RH.jpg
    44 WCF Flat Top RH.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 115
If you still have the original box the proper base pin screw should be in there. It was in the box for mine.

That looks nice!

Very nice. The proper screw was in with mine too. That thumb screw just doesn't look right.

sTRAITSHOT said:
I don’t particularly like the fact that it is a three click, but I have ordered a hammer kit to change it to an original 4 click. It is in 45 Colt caliber.
Very nice Colt clone.

Is it a conventional hammer with the firing pin on the hammer, or does it have one of those Uberti hammers that somehow incorporates a movable safety thingamabob? (Apologies for the technical terminology.)

Where are you getting the replacement 4-click hammer?

Very nice Colt clone.

Is it a conventional hammer with the firing pin on the hammer, or does it have one of those Uberti hammers that somehow incorporates a movable safety thingamabob? (Apologies for the technical terminology.)

All of them have a hammer mounted firing pin except the ones with transfer bars. Older ones have a wedge looking thing that you can see. Newer ones it's all internal.

Currently it has Uberti's new hammer with a retractable firing pin which makes it have 3 clicks. Original Colts have 4 clicks, so I ordered a hammer and trigger for the Uberti 4 click revolvers to swap out. I placed an order with Taylor's.

Last edited:
Straitshot said:
Currently it has Uberti's new hammer with a retractable firing pin which makes it have 3 clicks. Original Colts have 4 clicks, so I ordered a hammer and trigger for the Uberti 4 click revolvers to swap out. I placed an order with Taylor's.
Thanks. I dislike those funky Uberti hammers. I'm glad to know you can get proper replacements.

Mine has the old hammer block but it still has four clicks and the block isn't visible until you're loading or unloading.

My hammer and trigger came in and thankfully they were a perfect drop-in. I also changed out the hammer and bolt/trigger springs with Wolf springs. Timing remained good and now it runs very smooth with that original 4 click sound.

Very nice Colt clone.

Interesting. Mine came with a longer cylinder pin. Inserting it further results in a blocked hammer. I got the normal cylinder pin that does not have that feature from Numrich.

I have an older Uberti EL PATRON in 45 colt, with the 4 clicks, and I love it. Truth is the EL PATRON has a larger frame than the colt, but it works the same way, load one skip a chamber, load 4 , full cock and lower the hammer on an empty chamber. My two grandpa's worked as city marshals in Oklahoma in the 1920's and knew some of the old time lawmen and always referred to their guns as 45 colts, and carried either old Winchester 73s or Marlins, in 44-40, and never felt out gunned

That is truly a beauty, Strait...really like the color case-hardening...rivals Turnbull's I'd guess. A young friend here in KY has a Uberti 5-1/2" bbl'd one that's good for sub 3" groups at 25 yds, rested, and with a finish that rivals that one of yours. How's it shoot? Rod

First thing I do on all my Uberti's is swap the hammer and bolt/trigger springs with Wolf springs and cut off the cylinder pin so it fits correctly. Some of the higher end Uberti revolvers have lighter springs from the factory, i.e. the Evil Roy.

Back