9mm PCC Options

TBL004

Thinking of purchasing a 9mm PCC. Besides S&W FPC and Kel Tec Subs what are some good options under $1K?

Cz scorpion, im personally looking at the 3+ micro. Unless you are looking for a 16. Technically a braced pistol, but it fits the bill imho.

Also always thought the baretta cx4 storm was pretty cool.

For the 16” crowd, Ruger and Henry make options that take different magazines… one option being Glock. Colt’s 9mm is good, too… just make sure you use good magazines (all of mine are Metalform).

But if you can do a braced pistol… opens up A LOT of options.

Can build an AR. Colt pattern or another pistol magazine adapter. I can vouch for Stern, as I have their Glock setup in my suppressed SBR. Stick with the blowback options. CMMG’s radial delayed blowback is nice… but higher costs. I tried the Maxim recoil assembly, worked but in the end… I went back to standard blowback just for simplicity. Either pistol or rifle, if you go with a 9mm AR, take a look at this site for info…

https://blowback9.wordpress.com/

There are different chassis options for a few pistols. I just got a Flux Raider X in FDE. With first responder discount, I got it for $500 shipped. Should be here tomorrow… bought on Friday and was shipped within the hour. Another $200ish for a FCU… and then looking for an M17 slide assembly. If I just got a surplused P320… would be way under $1,000 with some funds for a red dot and magazines. But this is going to be a project for me… eventually Form 1ing it. But if state law allows (mine does, but stock is more better), the brace can work fine.

Beretta CX4s are a good option. I have the SUB-2k Gen 2… and very happy with it. It’s the Glock 19 version, which I try to use as a platform most of the time since I’m issued one. No background with the S&W… but I don’t have a 9mm M&P, so moot point for me (I hesitated with the SIG because I will not likely invest heavily into the P320… the Flux setup, but might get an M18 kit).

H&K clones… might still be able to find MKEs in that price range. My PTR Classic, also SBRed, was in the $1,600 range.

For the money, ease of use, available/multi-use magazines, reliability, folded dimensions, accuracy . . .
... The S&W FPC is very hard to beat.

I like my Ruger PCC; using 32 round Glock 17 mags, and topped with a Red Dot; hard to beat; also threaded for a suppressor

Is the OP asking about a pistol/pistol barrel (which is what the Ruger appears to be),
or a shoulder-fired weapon with a carbine-length barrel ?
Looking for a carbine. Researched some of the suggestions and a folder/take down might be the way to go.

Having handled extensively ,but never shot, the FPC…i will not be buying one. Just feels cheap and plasticky.

The newer S&W entry the “Response” feels MUCH better and I would pick one up if in the market for another PCC. All the Sig, CZ products just seem over priced for that category of guns.

That being said, im not crazy about the PCC concept. I have a 9mm AR (Colt SMG pattern). I just dont grab it out of the safe very often. My 223/556 and 300blk guns get WAY more range time and would, by far, be my go to guns over any 9mm platform.

I have a bunch of time behind real SMG’s (MP5’s and Uzi’s). I just dont see what they bring over a short barreled 5.56 or a 300blk.

Last edited:
I actually have the FPC -- about 1,000-1,200 rounds through it to date.
Light (115gr) to heavy (147gr) ammunition, FMJ, HP, and cast, utterly reliable.
Folding stock locks up tight.

My regular fun is 5" gongs at 100yds using a Romeo-5 red dot.

If the OP has a chance/see's one available to try -- I'd suggest he take the shot.
(pun intended)
;)

I have a bunch of time behind real SMG’s (MP5’s and Uzi’s). I just dont see what they bring over a short barreled 5.56 or a 300blk.

Less flash and noise if inside at night dealing with an intruder

I appreciate all the suggestions. Checking all the suggestions out. Will check at the indoor range if any of these suggestions are available to rent.

I love my Stribog. Its been 100% for me. Suppressed, its always a favorite at the range.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

A real HK is the only way!

hk-stop-being-poor-jpg.1284244

I like my Kel Tec Sub 2K, but it's not for everyone. Folds down into a small profile, but quick to deploy. Ergonomics are tough for some people, and take a little getting used to.

Back