9MM Carbine

Friend of mine got a Beretta. Great gun, really liked it, but way too expensive for me. I got a Hi-Point 995, dropped it in an ATI stock, put a red-dot on it, and I now like it more than his Beretta. They have now come out with reliable (but awkward) 20 round mags for them.

my number one pick is an AR15, those are also mucho pesos however.

second pick would be the beretta.

third pick would be a Hipoint.

either wouldn't or cant recommend anything else.

Personally I think its worth it to take the time and save up the nickels and dimes till you can afford the MPX, or the MKE or POF MP5.

Good luck in your search either way though.

Keltec Sub 2000 is another one to look at Im not recommending it, as I have no experience with one, just throwing it out there. I do like the look and concept of it though.

I have the Kel Tec 2000 and really do love it. It takes Glock 17 mags which naturally you can use the 33 rd's. I just plucked my money down on a CZ Scorpion carbine which I have yet to receive but looks like it may be a favorite as well.

They don't make the Marlin Camp Carbine anymore.

It's becoming a collector's item for sure.

If buying new, I'd get a Beretta CX4 Storm that takes M9 (Beretta 92) mags.

You didn't say what you want it for. If it's strictly plinking, get the Hi Point 995. If you want something for a GO or GH Bag, I'd go with an AERO ASR pistol and a brace.

Model12Win said:
They don't make the Marlin Camp Carbine anymore.

It's becoming a collector's item for sure.

If buying new, I'd get a Beretta CX4 Storm that takes M9 (Beretta 92) mags.

Yes they don't make them anymore, but if you're patient and shop around you can pick one up for less than the Beretta CX4. They are usually cheaper than buying an AR or other top line carbine in 9mm as well.

How about a Calico with a 100 round mag?

I have one, very similar to the one for sale in the link, except mine had a collapsible butt stock, forward pistol grip, and scope mount with a red dot sight on it.

Very sweet rig. Mine has a decent trigger pull, the safety is in a convenient location, it ejects out the bottom (so equally good for left handed shooters).

The magazines do take a while to load, 50 or 100 rnd, and changing mags is not as fast as some other guns, especially with a scope mount, but with a 100rnd mag, one doesn't need to change them as often. ;)

Also, magazines can be stored loaded, with no tension on the spring. Wind them up, and you are ready to go.

I've always though a Calico 100 round SMG would be the ultimate close range "street sweeper" as it were.

I surely wish someone would bring out a bolt action in 9mm. :(

Back