9mm Blackhawk

When my kids began getting close to the age of learning the handgun, I got a Ruger Super Single Six for training. Something that was a repeater, but where they had to do more "work" for each shot, over a semi auto.

Turned out to be a lot more useful than just something to teach the kids with, and of course, I still have and use it.

As they grew and moved on to centerfires, my son had a preference for the .45 auto, and my daughter, while not all that enthusiastic proved capable of doing some astounding good work with a .357 Highway Patrolman. (and much better than her "boyfriend" at the time, :D)

just out of curiosity, why the 9mm over shooting .38 specials in your Matt Dillon Jr gun??

I handload, and bulk .38 SPL is one of the things I did, regular 158s at approx 850fps.
The reason for the 9 is because I have a progressive press dedicated to 9mm. I don't have one set up for 38 or 357. I know how to switch my presses over, but just not worth the aggravation or cost on the Dillon Square deals. I could set my Hornady Lock N Load up for it, but it is one of the oldest ones. It's not updatable to the new cartridge ejector system and it's a pain in the rear to keep working. It does OK with .223, but it hangs up on rimmed cartridges. I am tired of sending it back to Hornady.

You could always do what a lot of us do.... Use a single stage press ;) . As for Marshal Dillon/Roy Rogers/Tim McCoy/Johnny Mack Brown/Audie Murphy/John Wayne/etc. 'wearing off' ... never ...

You could try just substituting.38 caliber bullets and see if that helps. I’ve substituted bullets from Xtreme using their .357 sized 125gr truncated cone style in my 9mm’s and they worked fine. I have a bunch of these bullets and don’t usually like the lighter bullets in any of my revolvers so I can burn them up in my semi auto’s.

You could try just substituting.38 caliber bullets and see if that helps. I’ve substituted bullets from Xtreme using their .357 sized 125gr truncated cone style in my 9mm’s and they worked fine. I have a bunch of these bullets and don’t usually like the lighter bullets in any of my revolvers so I can burn them up in my semi auto’s.
I finally had some time to play with it. It likes the new style Hoosier 124 9mm. They shoot about 1 1/2 " at 25 yds. Good enough for playing I guess. And they are Zombie Green. "Matt Dillon" seems to love his zombie green bullets.

Back