8mm surplus ammo two part question

gandog56, I hear you. I reload for everything with a scope on it. None of my mil-suplus rifle's have a scope on them or I'd reload for them too. I don't see well enough on these open sighted weapons to gain anything from reloading, other than shooting non-corrsive ammo. I clean my rifles as soon as I get home from shooting with them so I don't even worry about that.

Rcinit:
There must be a huge number of milsurps with wasted bores because people did not understand about corrosive primers, or years ago figured
"It's just a cheap old Commie rifle, I can buy another".

I recently looked down the bores of two Czech VZ-24 Mausers (in Atoka TN, near Millington) and instead of rifling and bright bores, they are dark and have rough, irregular streaks going almost straight :( , like a fist through mud. What a heck of a shame to have ruined some of the best Mausers ever built.

As for ammo prices, such a vast number of complaints about 50's Yugo on many website forums might be the main reason why "Ammoman" reduced his price for 900 rds. (incl. shipping) from $229 down to $200, just two weeks ago.

Former customers must be avoiding it like the plague.

Last edited:
Back