8mm ?s

I literally had to put mine in the bathtub to get the cosmo off the action. Left a solid ring around my bathtub of cosmo, took some scrubbing to get that off, too. I haven't been a letter to evaluate my M24/47's accuracy due to the surplus ammo coupled with my inexperience with the gun.

MM, my wife would have killed me if she thought for a moment I had even considered putting a greasy gun in the tub......

I did alright with a paintbrush, bucket, and mineral spirits.

Haha. Betcha MM is single or soon to be.....'How to remove cosmoline' (and stay married)will be in my search bar shortly

In spite of Mitchell's lies and sorta lies about the M48 Yugo, they are actually pretty good rifles. They are just not K98k's and have zilch historical interest. Mine is very accurate, and from what I have heard that is the norm.

Jim

Cosmoline is a friend,cosmoline is a friend,cosmoline is a friend.........I been saying as I remove gobs on crud to reveal a bright shiny bore and beautiful metal on the M24/47 from J&G. Nice dent and crack free wood as well.

Guys you're killing youself. Go to lowes and get youself 4 ft of 2.5" pvc pipe, a cap for one end, and a gallon of mineral spirits. Put the bolt and all associated parts, and then slide the barrel down there. Stand it up, and fill it with mineral spirits, then go have lunch. Come back and dump it out. COSMO GONE! clean and oil as normal. No muss, fuss, or mess. Easy. Since I started doing it this way I no longer fear the cosmo. Lol

If I did it that way I would not have nothing to bi*ch about.:cool: Sound like a plan. Gotta get the furniture cleaned off to with out "stripping" everything. No bubba-in here.

Back