870 out of the box cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please...
Let's not start another WD-40 debate, here, there are other threads available. For the purposes of this thread, let's assume a Remington gun gets Rem™ Oil With TEFLON® Lubricant, or equal. And, we'll all have a different interpretation of the "or equal".

And, let's agree, not all 870's are created equally. When discussing strong and weak points, don't talk about generic 870's -- be model specific. Remember, Remington didn't cut production costs on the 870 Wingmaster to create the 870 Express simply by changing the box and receiver markings.

870 express

I fould the same brown stuff all over the shot, I cleaned it with a rag frist them used a rag and oil, and it never came back, i call rem,and was told there shiped wih a fine brown oil on them. guns54. Have a safe night.

97572d1378872606-led-daytime-running-lights-oldestthread0hx.jpg

6 years? Seriously, this must be some sort of record.

Brotherbadger said:
6 years? Seriously, this must be some sort of record.
I've seen much worse. It's not really that bad until the thread is over a decade old.

Though I have to ask the question: These people know they're resurrecting an old thread (the system warns them before they post), so why do they respond to the thread like the conversation is still going on? I'm pretty sure none of the previous posters are paying attention anymore.

But as long as I'm posting here, I might as well contribute to the thread. When I got my 870, I stripped it down, cleaned it, and heat-treated it with Froglube paste. It really smoothed out the action and made it a lot easier to clean afterward.

Your looking at it, So thet means you Win. ^ years old and your still lookin at it, Nothing wrong with that.Have a safe day. Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back