80% lower difficulty level for 1st timer?

Fair enough!

So I'm aware of these...

polymer 80 which seems to include a jig and lifetime warranty

James Madison tactical which appears to have some good reinforcement in key areas of the lower. They are more expensive than polymer 80 and may not include a jig as far as I know.

Eparmory- seems to have some negative reviews.

Tennessee arms - I've read good and bad about them.

I would want a proper ar specific jig as there's no way I'd try it by improvisation.

Thoughts?

EPArmory receivers are extremely prone to chipping (been there, done that ... as have many others); and the threads in the receiver extension boss are usually pretty rough. ...But they're rather decent dimensionally.

TN Arms Corp. standard 'hybrid' receivers have a laundry list of dimensional and finish issues. If they can't make a "complete" lower work properly and meet simple dimensions, I wouldn't trust them to get things right on an "80%" either. On the up side, you are the one determining some of the dimensions on an "80%" that are normally bad on TAC-15 (finished) lowers.

But I still wouldn't do it.
They're too busy trying to expand their product line to fix issues with existing products. People have been waiting almost 4 years to get a lower receiver that doesn't have to be shimmed to keep the BCG from smacking the front edge of the buffer tube. How long do you think it would take before they got around to fixing issues and honoring their replacement guarantee on an "80%" ...?

I see 80% receivers that are anodized and have a serial number. It is laser etched, but still it is a serial number and sold as an 80% receiver. How does that work?

It does not sound right to me. The guy selling the 80% G-3 flats said he had to use an FFL because the serial number was already on it. He won't make any money like that.

Maybe. I have bought an 80% G-3 flat with no FFL. His are the same BUT, are unfinished leftovers from German dies. Maybe they became guns when they were imported with a number on.

Back