8-Shot .357 Redhawk!

I give the .357 Redhawk 3 years until it's discontinued.

Maybe. During that 3 years, it is pretty easy for Ruger to play around with some other barrel lengths. This is a pretty easy game for ruger to play. I dont see any development cost or new machinery. Just a variation on the theme.

If I had a dollar for every variation of ruger revolver and pistol they ever sold and I did not purchase, I could probably buy a new Ford F350 :D Or, I am getting closer all the time.

That's the gun the 357 Redhawk would compete against. I'm not in the market for something like that. An eight shot Redhawk with a 7.5 inch barrel would make more sense to me. To each his own.

S&W already makes it in a variety of 5" barrels, some even compensated - nice looking revolver to if you like the long barrel. 7.5" barrel on a da/sa is just for a specialty market....not sure what nitch it is really trying to fill

On the 3", As between S&W or Ruger, I'll take the Smith.

I admit I enjoy shooting my revos and I have seen a lot of yawns in recent years. The 8 shot .357s are yawns to me as well. The .44 SPL is a welcome addition, but I would like to see a .40S&W or 9mm in something other than the LCR.

When I made this thread I didn't know the barrel would be so short, or that there were no good speedloaders for an 8-shot .357.

PASS!

When I made this thread I didn't know the barrel would be so short, or that there were no good speedloaders for an 8-shot .357.

I'm not understanding something. What's your aversion to the Smith 627 5" revolver. You said you were looking for something in a 4.2" barrel. Something like this is simply a stunning revolver for a full-size 357: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/606832556

It' takes moon-clips, arguably better than speed loaders; but there are speed loaders available too.

l_100008505_1.jpg

For the record I love my 627pc snubbie and the 5 star loaders work very well and are works of art themselves. It's currently my only locked smith and I like it so much I might get the 5 inch.

All this said the 8 shot Ruger intrigues me.

Well, in time, there might be some speed loaders for the 8-shot Redhawk and maybe even Ruger will provide a 4 or 6 inch barrel some time too.

Anyway thanks for posting this. An 8-shot Redhawk is an interesting development.

S&W has them beat before they start selling them. The Redhawk is a good revolver but it's a giant for the .44 much less a .357, S&W has the 8 shot light weight N frame and an L frame 5 shot .44 Mag. I would rather have the S&W guns.

>>A longer barrel is a necessity for the .357 Redhawk.<

I agree.... a .357 "snubby" is of no use to me. I'd prefer a 4".

Back