7.62x39mm Home Defense Ammo?

Nobody cares but IMO a rifle is not the best choice INSIDE the home.

1) Close quarters in low light invites an intruder to grab the barrel coming around the corner and I do not want a wrestling match for the weapon.

Yes...yes...I know that I am the only guy in the world who thinks this could happen. All the other men in the world are real men who would never let someone grab their guns.

2) Any CF rifle is too powerful when you don't want to shoot through walls and possibly hit people you don't intend to shoot. If you have to try using ammo that won't shoot through walls maybe the weapon choice is improper in the first place?

Outdoors these concerns vanish and of course the rifle is much more powerful than any handgun. That's why rifles are seen as offensive and handguns are seen as defensive.

But if you are determined to stalk the hallway at 3am with an AK47 go ahead. Your call. Just try to avoid killing your next door neighbor if you start shooting.

No you are definitely not the only one. I thought I was the only before you said that.

I don't have a rifle for use inside home. I do have one ready for the remote possibility of total collapse of social order, like after a major earth quake or something.

-TL

I have seen various tests of 7.62x39mm hollow and soft point ammo from this gentleman on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1-1JVPGcSzgteVVWVHeaOXZLGBSiuBQo

This is a playlist of his 7.62x39mm test in clear ballistics gelatin. Very good stuff! I've been researching on what type of ammo do get for home defense and perhaps SHTF defense for my new Norinco SKS carbine:

SKS_kit_side.jpg

Back