686 sold out...but ammo sold out for longer?

wild cat mccane

Hey there,

Trying to find another 686 Plus 4" for a month or more everyday on gun.deals and haven't had one pop up.

Kinda weird given 357 ammo has been gone for at least 4 months or so.

Am I missing something?

I just sold a 586 Nickel 4”, mint stayed up less than an hour. Wouldn’t have been up that long but had to answer dingbat trade offers. Guys calling dibs if deal feel through. Must be more desirable than m19.

Yeah. I can find used older S&Ws but I can't find a 686 for the life of me on the aggregator site.

I guess show me where a bullet they load matters if it is going 1300fps from a 2" snub? :)

I'm over due to get back to casting bullets. While I have a few boxes of hollow point jacketed bullets on hand, I mostly shoot my own cast bullets in my handguns and a couple of my rifles...

Tony

I would suggest you buy a GP100. Better gun in a lot of ways and I have both. As far as ammo, learn to reload. $26 boxes of ammo can be loaded for $10 or less if you buy your components in bulk.

I'm over due to get back to casting bullets. While I have a few boxes of hollow point jacketed bullets on hand, I mostly shoot my own cast bullets in my handguns and a couple of my rifles...

Tony,

Cast your own hollowpoints.

Don
attachment.php

I'd wait a couple of months after the panic ends.
The panic has just begun! My buddy just sold an old AK74 for $3200 online. He could have gotten more if he had waited. Beto promised to help sleepy Joe take your AR and AK. The ATF wants to ban pistol braces. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

I wasn't impressed with the 2 HP molds I had so I traded them off.

Anyway I'm very pleased with the bullet shapes I cast for the most part. I have a couple molds that don't always cooperate but I'm making progress with them.

Tony

I believe the manufacturers have shut down due to the Covid Panic.
Where you are matters.
However, Midway is showing all of 'em as 'Out of stock, no back order'. That means Smith doesn't have any. Ditto for ammo.
Lots of 'em on the assorted auction sites. Some are BNIB and some of those at reasonable prices.
"...GP better than a 686..." A GP fits normal sized hands. Otherwise it's a Chevy vs Ford thing.

Back