6.5x55 Sporter - Mystery Clackamas Build

Nice smooth bolt. Trigger not bad. Good clean bore. Lightweight. Cool cartridge. I have high hopes for deer season as a bang around gun to climb trees with.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It looks like there is some kind of adapter screwed into the action and the barrel is screwed into that. There is an extra shoulder there. I would have given $250 for that. Did it come with the scope and mounts? I have a Kimber 96 Sporter in 6.5 Swede and it is a good gun but I could not get a Boyd trigger to work on it. It would not catch the cocking piece.

$250? Win! Nice rifle.

Could be nice, but it could be a pile of parts. It all depends on how it shoots. I had a Kimber sporter M96 6.5X55 and best it could hold was around 4 MOA. That was after I bedded the stock, replaced the trigger, and converted to cock-on-open. Before that it was about a 6 MOA rifle with factory or hand loaded fodder. I wound up giving the rifle away rather than mess with it anymore.

For $250 it is definitely worth taking a risk on a rifle, but don't be heart broken if it doesn't shoot well. If it doesn't shoot well send it off and have a new barrel put on it in 6.5X55, replace the trigger and properly bed it. My guess is you'll have a tack driver.

Green top Sporting Goods just north of Richmond, VA used to merchandise these in large barrels sitting on the sales room floor. They ranged from $179 to $199. There was more than one caliber.

Back