6.5 jap value?

Toyo Kogyo only made Type 99s...
You know, I was unaware until I read this thread that Toyo Kogyo ever made the Type 99.

This company currently produces the Type 2, 3, 5, 6, MX-5 Miata, and RX-8, and formerly produced the Type 323, 626, RX-7, and B-2200, among others. ;)

Last edited:
Hum. I guess prices have moved on quite a bit on those parts, then.

Last time I assembled a 99 for a friend in the early 1980s the correct monopod was something like $12 and the correct dustcover was about the same.

Hum. I guess prices have moved on quite a bit on those parts, then.

Last time I assembled a 99 for a friend in the early 1980s the correct monopod was something like $12 and the correct dustcover was about the same.

I wish original parts were still that cheap. Original dust covers are $40-60 now and monopods are well over $100. Even a repro monopod is about $50-60 now.

I had very few with the dust covers that matched. They are serialized to the rifle. Real collectors with money look at that kind of thing.

In a moment of foolishness, I once bought a repro monopod (I knew it was repro). It was not only of poor construction and an obvious repro, but it didn't fit properly. I had the impression that neither the maker nor the seller ever actually tried to put one on.

Jim

Back