$6,300 Korth with side rails...what for?

Nighthawk Custom said:
It comes with Picatinny rails for red-dot sights, lasers, or other accessories that you desire.

I would think barricade stops or some kind of speed holster.

Green laser on right side set for 50. Red laser on left side set for 100. Aimpoint on top set for 150 yards.

Besides the cool factor, there are some interesting things that could be done with a three-dot laser aiming setup that could be pretty useful.

If it's set up properly, a three-dot laser setup could eliminate some of the inevitable issues caused by misalignment between the laser and the bore by creating a "virtual" aiming point between the three dots.

You could also use it to provide some basic rangefinding capability. Set the lasers up to cross at the zero distance creating a single dot when the target is at the zero distance. At closer distances, the vertical laser would either be above or below the two horizontal dots and past the zero distance, the triangle would invert

I did not care for the rails and opted for the cheap model Korth Mongoose, with 5.25" barrel and DLC matte finish.

The Mongoose that I bought was a bit under $4k. Many shooters are very critical of the cost of this revolver, which is fine. Everyone has their own thoughts on the expense. I do see a lot more people willing to spend this much and more on 1911's like Baer and Wilson Combat. After selling my old Colt Python for $3k I did not mind the extra to upgrade to this Korth.

Back