$6,300 Korth with side rails...what for?

totally get the "if you can" attitude. Just wondering if there are competition accessories I'm not aware of that are side mounted...Must be for comp? Hard to imagine that being in a holster.

Interesting.

I think gbclarkson's suggestion for three LASERS to replicate the Predator is the best use of all those rails;)

Are those picatinny rails? From dabbling in AR rifles lately, of course you need a red dot optic on one side, and MagPul back up iron sights on the other side.

You could also put sling anchor points on both sides and wear it like a real man's necklace... except I think the barrel would end up pointing up.

You would *not* be able to legally put a vertical (or in this case horizontal) grip on it, but an angled foregrip would be A-OK. That would be really strange. Pressing with your support hand sideways on the barrel....

Grip Pod!

I would not advise a foregrip on a revolver. Best to keep your hands behind the cylinder gap.

I can see the point of two rails--one for a red dot or holographic sight, the second one for a light. I kind of suspect that the second side rail is just there for symmetry's sake and to allow the user to decide which side they want to mount their accessory.

From the manufacturer of the Nighthawk:
https://www.nighthawkcustom.com/revolvers/super-sport-357

"The Korth Super Sport is a 6” .357 magnum revolver that will impress you no matter what type of competitive shooting you may be doing. This 6-round revolver is made from all fully machined parts cut from the finest billet steel available. There are four pre-set adjustments on the front sight, which allow you the ability to set it for predetermined distances. The revolver also features a fully adjustable rear sight. The Roller Trigger is one of the most awe-inspiring aspects of this pistol that provides an unmatched trigger feel in either single or double action. A Lothar Walther cold-forged polygon barrel is used for both extreme accuracy and performance. The unique interchangeable cylinder upgrade on the Super Sport allows you to quickly change out the standard .357 Magnum/.38 Special cylinder to 9mm in a flash. It comes with Picatinny rails for red-dot sights, lasers, or other accessories that you desire. Finger-grooved high-grade Turkish Walnut grips are standard with this model."

Korth Waffen - adds to the description saying "Barrel housing with Picatinny Rails and changeable barrel weights"

I guess somebody could always email - nelson@nighthawkcustom.com and ask what's that on the side of the barrel & why are there two and what they are there for.

Last edited:
I don't know what the rails are for but I'm sure it's not a foregrip as that would require an NFA stamp.

Korths are finer than frog hair! If all you've ever had are Smiths, Rugers and Colts you don't know what you're missing.

They sure are purty though!

NIGHTHAWK-CUSTOM-FIREARMS-DEBUTS-KORTH-ALX-AND-ULX-REVOLVERS-dfds.jpg

Korths are finer than frog hair! If all you've ever had are Smiths, Rugers and Colts you don't know what you're missing
Well...for openers, I'd be missing $6000+...but to each his own.

They sure are purty though!

The new Lollar Korths are outstanding revolvers, if not at the level of the old Ratzeburg Korths in refinement or materials quality, but I think they're mostly hideous to look at. The basic National Standard model, imported here by Nighthawk as the Mongoose, is more tolerable aesthetically, but there's something galling about the idea of paying $3,700 for a wheelgun with Hogue grips and a matte finish.

I've seen some photos from a previous SHOT Show of new Korths with highly polished DLC finishes. Looked very sharp. Shame that this finish is not actually an available option on the new guns.

Anyway, these are more my style:

3-Combat.jpg

Korth-Combat.jpg

2-7685281-200225408-copy.jpg

Back