'58 Remington copy is real history

OT: I did an appeal on a mid-'90s killing in which a BP revolver was used. A .44 cal version of the 1851. It functioned very well. Gun looked like pure hell after years in evidence.

smokin',
Does your's have that "cast iron" look to the metal? That's why I think this was a kit gun that was never finished. Though it looks blue/gray in the foto, it's really "in the white."
I got one just like it.

Don't you worry... I'll shoot it.

I can't believe i ran across this thread! I think i met the shooter you are talking about! I live in Alabama and started buying these type guns in 1990 or so and i met a biker whom was passing through the state in 91 or 92 and i was talking talking to him and we got on the subject of bp guns when he told me the story of him shooting an attacker with his 1858 na remington replica which he assembled from a kit and kept in his saddle bags on his bike. And he told me about the lawyer defending him and he let him keep the gun (he said he simply purchased a replacement in the next state!) he told me his name was Barry. Anyway i ran across this searching for remmie mods and thought it was probably the same guy i met and just had to register and respond. ....Scott

Small world...

Great. That gives me another name, Barry, to use when I try to track this down.

I don't have time for the next couple months to get up to Ogden to check the records, but I might be able to do some of it from the library in Salt Lake City (unfortunately the incident is pre-online records).

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I feel like a "History Detective."

Back