.450 Bushmaster tips?

I think you meant to say it headspaces on the case mouth. This means a taper crimp may be applied, as long as the mouth diameter is kept between 0.4720–0.4800 inches.

Targa, your similar to my recipe. They roar out of the Ruger Scout with that compensater on the barrel, a decent fireball also. Trying to find some more info on .45 acp bullet, 230 gr to load into the .450 cases. Checked the recipe in the Lee Book with Accur 1680, nearly filled the case with starting grain weight.

The new Sierra manual and Western manual both have 450 load data with 230 FMJ.

Good morning, just wanted to update you on my .450 BM reloads. Finally got to the range, I chronograph’d five rounds of factory Hornady black box .450’s with an average velocity of 2006 FPS and a max deviation between high and low at 56 FPS. I did the same with five of my reloads at 37.5 grains of H110 and had a average velocity of 2001 FPS with a deviation of 43 FPS.
I was trying to get as close to factory loads as possible, I am pretty happy with these. Also Chaparral I had no crimp issues, I just followed the directions for my Lee Factory Crimp die and they turned out well.

Back