450 Bushmaster benchrest??

The main drawback I see is the recoil. This is coming from someone with a bolt action 444 Marlin, so your results may differ. But if the cartridge is capable of it, why not? A good barrel, good reloading technique and good bullets can get you there. Everybody's got an idea of what works or what they want to shoot, so try it. If it doesn't work, the worst part is living down the stories people will tell about the crazy guy that showed up with a 450 BM.

Since my 6PPC and My .30 BR dont always shoot 1/4 moa I guess that they fall in the same category.

So that’s a no? Thought so. BTW, shooting for score has different accuracy requirements that shooting for group size. But, you knew that, right?

So that’s a no? Thought so. BTW, shooting for score has different accuracy requirements that shooting for group size. But, you knew that, right?

You can read, right? My entire thread has been about shooting for score. I said very early on that the 6mm dominate the group game. This is entirely about throwing a wide bullet at the x.

I guess it would. A guy I used to shoot with is actually building a 50 Beauwolf for 100 yd. It recoils a smudge too much for me.
In that case--get a high SD bullet to hit the target sideways and a .308 caliber can suddenly becomes a 40mm!! I think I'm on to something.:D:D

Back